Old June 5th 04, 05:39 PM
WA3MOJ

In article , I Am Not George
says...

I might be going to Hazleton the weekend of the 25th
George, this might be "your" chance to say these things to
my face. You going to be a chicken? If I'm going to the
there, you give me a "real" Comcast addy, I'll give you
my cell and where I'm staying. I'll know by the beginning
of next week, I have to by then, shipping the Bronco out
for the event @ PAP.

Landshark

Some guy gave me the crabs in hazelton.........i still have them.

Old June 5th 04, 05:43 PM
WA3MOJ

In article , Snotgeorge says...

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 08:29:17 -0500, itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:
No steve that is you the loud mouth who hides behind keyboard. what is
your address steve?

whats yours whiskey head?

heres my favorite web site.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/news/603_gayphilly.html

Old June 7th 04, 12:55 PM
Dave Hall

On 02 Jun 2004 18:47:27 GMT, (Snotgeorge) wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:46:31 -0400, Dave Hall wrote:

If there was a passage in the rules which read something like:" A
single tone, signalling the end of transmission is permissible", then
it would be a different story. But there isn't such a passage. So you
have nothing to stand on when you make the claim that roger beeps are
legal.

my cobra 29ltd classic came with roger beep, from the factory, and its FCC type
accepted.

I have NEVER seen any version of a domestic Cobra CB radio with a
factory installed roger beep, and that includes the 29 LTD.

does your question apply to the legality of the beeps on frs radios?
or on 2 meter repeaters? they are just for amusement?

There is no legitimate need for an "end of transmission tone" on FRS
either. I find them to be extremely annoying. But evidently they seem
to be legal. On the other hand, the FCC specifically calls out that
devices used to scramble or otherwise disguise your transmissions are
illegal, yet there are FRS radios which come with voice scramblers.
Some manufacturers push the legal limits hoping that they won't get
their hands slapped. Sometimes they are successful.

your statement makes as
much sense as saying you can't use a cb radio for anchor because the FCC
doesn't say you can. so you have nothing to stand on when you make the claim
that roger beeps are illegal.

Except what I read 20 years ago which included them in with other
noise maker devices which are designed strictly for amusement.
Granted, I guess I'm on the hook to find some sort of "proof", but
that will be a tough call due to the amount of time which has elapsed.

I guess a correspondence with the FCC might settle the issue once and
for all.

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj