RadioBanter

-   -   Why are Roger Beeps Illegal on CB? (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/32086-why-roger-beeps-illegal-cb.html)

Chuck Kopsho June 18th 04 06:04 AM

Why are Roger Beeps Illegal on CB?

To All:
See above.

Cheers,
Chuck Kopsho
Oceanside, California

Bert Craig June 18th 04 07:28 PM

(Chuck Kopsho) wrote in message ...
To All:
See above.

Cheers,
Chuck Kopsho
Oceanside, California

They're not.

73 de Bert
WA2SI

KAXN-9546 June 19th 04 04:37 AM

On 18 Jun 2004 11:28:47 -0700, (Bert Craig) wrote:

(Chuck Kopsho) wrote in message ...
To All:
See above.

Cheers,
Chuck Kopsho
Oceanside, California

They're not.

73 de Bert
WA2SI

What IS illegal, under Part 95, Subpart D, paragraph 95.413, section
(a), subparagraph (6) is "To transmit music, whistling, sound effects
or any material to amuse or entertain;" and subparagraph (7) "To
transmit any sound effect solely to attract attention."

It IS permissible, under paragraph 95.412, section (b) to "transmit a
tone signal only when the signal is used to make contact or to
continue communications. (Examples of circuits using these signals are
tone operated squelch and selective calling circuits.) If the signal
is an audible tone, it must last no longer than 15 seconds at one
time. If the signal is a subaudible tone, it may be transmitted
continuously only as long as you are talking."

The way SOME people use "Roger Beeps" they are clearly intended to
amuse, entertain, and/or irritate.

Raymond Sirois KAXN-9546
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS
607-733-5745
telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6000

Steveo June 19th 04 04:44 AM

KAXN-9546 wrote:
The way SOME people use "Roger Beeps" they are clearly intended to
amuse, entertain, and/or irritate.

They suck.

--
http://www.allpar.com/mopar.html

Hamguy June 19th 04 08:32 AM

Hmmm...I aint been to Oceanside since the early 70's.

Dave Hall June 21st 04 12:29 PM

On 19 Jun 2004 03:44:33 GMT, Steveo
wrote:

KAXN-9546 wrote:
The way SOME people use "Roger Beeps" they are clearly intended to
amuse, entertain, and/or irritate.

They suck.

Amen to that.....

Dave
"Sandbagger"

PEE-WEE = KBKS-20902 June 21st 04 11:30 PM

Like the FRS as in 15 minutes [meant seconds], since I got this FRS radio I
am picking up a lot of business Communications & I took all the channels &
put them on my scanner & the scanner seems to act as a big base antenna & I
can hear more on the scanner then my walike talkie. I only head 1 person who
cussed like they did on the 11 metter band, but this radio seems to be ok
for what I want. Also if anyone on here is near Georgia Ave in Wheaton, MD &
has an 10-33 & I hear you I will come back. REACT may have kicked me out
[:-(], but I still handle emergency calls & this 1 business I know [next
door] of, I told them [voice + e-mail] if they need me [emergency or even
help them as a volunteer] just to call me on their channel. I told them that
I have them on my scanner but do not know what channel they are on, so just
to yell either 'PEE-WEE' or my name & I channel # & I will come on to help
them. These radios [maybe the different types or how new they get] have
different tones to them & some sound like what you hear on the scanner as
alert tones. But I like this little radio, it is so cool. My battery door is
broken, so I use masking tape + cardboard to keep it closed. Also the other
day I turned on my radio & got on the screen;

'88"

So what does this mean? I turn my radio off then on & it is ok for a while
then it keeps saying '88', thanks.

PEE-WEE = KBKS-20902 [10-10]

Thank God for radios & all these computers!

Steveo June 21st 04 11:34 PM

"PEE-WEE = KBKS-20902" wrote:
PEE-WEE = KBKS-20902 [10-10]

Thank God for radios & all these computers!

Keep the rubber side down, PEE-WEE.

PEE-WEE = KBKS-20902 June 22nd 04 01:41 AM

10-4, sorry.

Steveo June 22nd 04 01:45 AM

Sorry? for what?

"PEE-WEE = KBKS-20902" wrote: