Old June 20th 04, 08:31 AM
TongSlinger

Default retro atennas

There used to be an antenna used in the mid 70's that had 3 vertical
elements. They were configured in a tri-angular pattern. It had a switch
that you could use it in omni directional or you could switch to any one of
the three elements to make it directional. I can't seem to remember the name
of it. does anyone remember the name? it might have been a moon racker, I'm
not sure. can anyone direct me to a link to the moonracker?

Thanks

Old June 20th 04, 12:37 PM
Steveo

"TongSlinger" wrote:
There used to be an antenna used in the mid 70's that had 3 vertical
elements. They were configured in a tri-angular pattern. It had a switch
that you could use it in omni directional or you could switch to any one
of the three elements to make it directional. I can't seem to remember
the name of it. does anyone remember the name? it might have been a moon
racker, I'm not sure. can anyone direct me to a link to the moonracker?

Thanks

IIRC it was called the super scanner.

--
http://www.allpar.com/mopar.html
Old June 20th 04, 04:29 PM
Steveo

Steveo wrote:
"TongSlinger" wrote:
There used to be an antenna used in the mid 70's that had 3 vertical
elements. They were configured in a tri-angular pattern. It had a
switch that you could use it in omni directional or you could switch to
any one of the three elements to make it directional. I can't seem to
remember the name of it. does anyone remember the name? it might have
been a moon racker, I'm not sure. can anyone direct me to a link to the
moonracker?

Thanks

IIRC it was called the super scanner.

There were a coulple super scanner antenna's for sale on this board.

http://p067.ezboard.com/fworldwidecb...ID=79 4.topic

--
http://www.allpar.com/mopar.html
Old June 21st 04, 06:57 AM
TongSlinger

Guys

Thanks for the response

Old June 22nd 04, 12:42 AM
Keith Hosman KC8TCQ

Steveo wrote:

Steveo wrote:
"TongSlinger" wrote:
There used to be an antenna used in the mid 70's that had 3 vertical
elements. They were configured in a tri-angular pattern. It had a
switch that you could use it in omni directional or you could switch to
any one of the three elements to make it directional. I can't seem to
remember the name of it. does anyone remember the name? it might have
been a moon racker, I'm not sure. can anyone direct me to a link to the
moonracker?

Thanks

IIRC it was called the super scanner.

There were a coulple super scanner antenna's for sale on this board.

http://p067.ezboard.com/fworldwidecb...ID=79 4.topic

There is one of those on a tower here in town, the business is closed
down now, but the tower and antenna is still there, and down the street
a guy has a PDL-II and a Moonraker 4on two different towers, only one is
only 10ft off the ground?

Old June 22nd 04, 01:51 AM
Steveo

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ wrote:
Steveo wrote:

Steveo wrote:
"TongSlinger" wrote:
There used to be an antenna used in the mid 70's that had 3
vertical elements. They were configured in a tri-angular pattern.
It had a switch that you could use it in omni directional or you
could switch to any one of the three elements to make it
directional. I can't seem to remember the name of it. does anyone
remember the name? it might have been a moon racker, I'm not sure.
can anyone direct me to a link to the moonracker?

Thanks

IIRC it was called the super scanner.

There were a coulple super scanner antenna's for sale on this board.

http://p067.ezboard.com/fworldwidecb...essage?topicID
=794.topic

There is one of those on a tower here in town, the business is closed
down now, but the tower and antenna is still there, and down the street
a guy has a PDL-II and a Moonraker 4on two different towers, only one is
only 10ft off the ground?

Throw away the super scanner and grab the tower sections.