RadioBanter

-   -   Side Band (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/32213-side-band.html)

Chris July 7th 04 06:27 PM

Side Band

If USB and LSB are allowed to transmit at 12w instead of 4W, is the range
better then a 4W AM
Transmission?

Scott in Baltimore July 7th 04 09:35 PM

If USB and LSB are allowed to transmit at 12w instead of 4W, is the range
better then a 4W AM
Transmission?

Sideband uses half the bandwidth of AM. Figure on a 6db improvement.

This works out to a 200% improvement.

Steveo July 7th 04 10:40 PM

"Scott in Baltimore" wrote:
If USB and LSB are allowed to transmit at 12w instead of 4W, is the
range better then a 4W AM
Transmission?

Sideband uses half the bandwidth of AM. Figure on a 6db improvement.

This works out to a 200% improvement.

A big improvement in operators too. (300%)

Steveo July 7th 04 10:45 PM

Steveo wrote:
"Scott in Baltimore" wrote:
If USB and LSB are allowed to transmit at 12w instead of 4W, is the
range better then a 4W AM
Transmission?

Sideband uses half the bandwidth of AM. Figure on a 6db improvement.

This works out to a 200% improvement.

A big improvement in operators too. (300%)

Sorry to piggy-back my own post.. if you're new to SSB, listen for
awhile before you transmit, it's different from AM. Handles are not
used, or breaker or..etc

Also, ch 36 and up is where ssb should be used.

(are there still people using ch 16?)

Steveo July 8th 04 12:08 PM

wrote:
If you violate this law......Steveo will drop an old 361 Engine block

(not to be confused with a 318/340/360 or 383) on your doorstep (Kinda
like a horses head) as a reminder....

Operator X sleeps with the slant six'z!

JJ July 8th 04 08:20 PM

fs wrote:
I also agree, what the **** is a personal, HELL just use your damn Name,
some even make up new names just for SSB and when you go to meet them in
person HELL their real name is different HOW ****EN STUPTED is that. Another
thing is all of those made up call signs, and numbers a bunch of **** heads.

Gee, you use the same kind of language of some jr. highschoolers I know
who haven't grown up yet. What is "stupted"?

Steveo July 8th 04 09:31 PM

JJ wrote:
fs wrote:
I also agree, what the **** is a personal, HELL just use your damn
Name, some even make up new names just for SSB and when you go to meet
them in person HELL their real name is different HOW ****EN STUPTED is
that. Another thing is all of those made up call signs, and numbers a
bunch of **** heads.

Gee, you use the same kind of language of some jr. highschoolers I know
who haven't grown up yet. What is "stupted"?

Reckon he's a super toliet bowl transplant.

Nicolai Carpathia July 8th 04 11:51 PM

From: =A0=A0 "fs" Group: =A0=A0 rec.radio.cb Subject:
=A0=A0 Side Band X-Priority: =A0=A0 3 X-MSMail-Priority: =A0=A0
Normal X-Complaints-To: =A0=A0 X-Trace: =A0=A0
attbi_s52 1089314472 24.0.2.86 (Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:21:12 GMT)
I also agree, what the **** is a personal,

regardless of what you say, you can't agree if you don't know what it
is.

HELL just use your damn Name,

Many do,,,,but,,,,,there are an awful lot of duplicates out
there,,,hence the numbers.

some even make up new names just for SSB

and when you go to meet them in person

HELL their real name is different HOW

****EN STUPTED is that.

It's brilliant, especially when one is shooting dx which is held illegal
by the FCC and immoral by a few nocodes and a few extras on this
hallowed portion of the internet.

Another thing is all of those made up call

signs, and numbers a bunch of **** heads.

You came to the right place. By sharing your wisdom with the world on
this subject, we can assume that your preferred method of cb operation
will now commence, as such a successful approach will no doubt be
adopted and implemented immediately.
This has been a freeband pree'-zen-tation. Thank you for your thoughts.

Landshark July 9th 04 12:45 AM

"Nicolai Carpathia" wrote in message

If you violate this law......Steveo will drop an

old 361 Engine block (not to be confused with

a 318/340/360 or 383) on your doorstep

(Kinda like a horses head) as a reminder....

That's ok,,,,,if he can guarantee removing all traces of petroleum and
oil from it, we'll make it part of an artificial reef.

LOL!!! I would even kill him if he dropped a 340 on
someones doorstep.

Landshark

--
Any day riding, is better than
being a newsgroupie

73 Baja Stroppe Bronco
98 Buell S3 Thunderbolt
99 Ford F-150 Supercab 4X4 (antenna platform)