Old July 7th 04, 06:27 PM
Chris

Default Side Band

If USB and LSB are allowed to transmit at 12w instead of 4W, is the range
better then a 4W AM
Transmission?

Old July 7th 04, 09:35 PM
Scott in Baltimore

If USB and LSB are allowed to transmit at 12w instead of 4W, is the range
better then a 4W AM
Transmission?

Sideband uses half the bandwidth of AM. Figure on a 6db improvement.

This works out to a 200% improvement.

Old July 7th 04, 10:40 PM
Steveo

"Scott in Baltimore" wrote:
If USB and LSB are allowed to transmit at 12w instead of 4W, is the
range better then a 4W AM
Transmission?

Sideband uses half the bandwidth of AM. Figure on a 6db improvement.

This works out to a 200% improvement.

A big improvement in operators too. (300%)
Old July 7th 04, 10:45 PM
Steveo

Steveo wrote:
"Scott in Baltimore" wrote:
If USB and LSB are allowed to transmit at 12w instead of 4W, is the
range better then a 4W AM
Transmission?

Sideband uses half the bandwidth of AM. Figure on a 6db improvement.

This works out to a 200% improvement.

A big improvement in operators too. (300%)

Sorry to piggy-back my own post.. if you're new to SSB, listen for
awhile before you transmit, it's different from AM. Handles are not
used, or breaker or..etc

Also, ch 36 and up is where ssb should be used.

(are there still people using ch 16?)
Old July 8th 04, 12:08 PM
Steveo

If you violate this law......Steveo will drop an old 361 Engine block

(not to be confused with a 318/340/360 or 383) on your doorstep (Kinda
like a horses head) as a reminder....

Operator X sleeps with the slant six'z!

Old July 8th 04, 08:20 PM
JJ

fs wrote:
I also agree, what the **** is a personal, HELL just use your damn Name,
some even make up new names just for SSB and when you go to meet them in
person HELL their real name is different HOW ****EN STUPTED is that. Another
thing is all of those made up call signs, and numbers a bunch of **** heads.

Gee, you use the same kind of language of some jr. highschoolers I know
who haven't grown up yet. What is "stupted"?

Old July 8th 04, 09:31 PM
Steveo

JJ wrote:
fs wrote:
I also agree, what the **** is a personal, HELL just use your damn
Name, some even make up new names just for SSB and when you go to meet
them in person HELL their real name is different HOW ****EN STUPTED is
that. Another thing is all of those made up call signs, and numbers a
bunch of **** heads.

Gee, you use the same kind of language of some jr. highschoolers I know
who haven't grown up yet. What is "stupted"?

Reckon he's a super toliet bowl transplant.
Old July 9th 04, 12:45 AM
Landshark

"Nicolai Carpathia" wrote in message

If you violate this law......Steveo will drop an

old 361 Engine block (not to be confused with

a 318/340/360 or 383) on your doorstep

(Kinda like a horses head) as a reminder....

That's ok,,,,,if he can guarantee removing all traces of petroleum and
oil from it, we'll make it part of an artificial reef.

LOL!!! I would even kill him if he dropped a 340 on
someones doorstep.

Landshark

--
Any day riding, is better than
being a newsgroupie

73 Baja Stroppe Bronco
98 Buell S3 Thunderbolt
99 Ford F-150 Supercab 4X4 (antenna platform)