Old August 25th 04, 04:37 PM
Obadiah

Default Noise-canceling Mic Suggestion?

Hi. I am somewhat new to CB and have a quick question. I have a
RadioShack TRC-520 in my pickup. I'd like to replace the cheap plastic
mic w/ a noise-canceling and, if possible, powered mic. Everything I
find says 4-pin or 5-pin, but if I look @ my unit I see 6 pins. What am
I missing here? :^)

Any suggestions on a good model? Thanks.

Old August 25th 04, 06:50 PM
Wby

In a way, having something noise cancelling AND amplified is an Oxymoron
(after all, you want to cut down background noise and yet you are looking
for audio amplification). The RK56 is a time tested NC microphone, and I
suppose someone makes a NC/Amp microphone. The last decent one I tried was
the Turner RK70, or maybe it was a 76. The majority of Realistic radios used
a 6pin "DIN" connector (like a half circle of pins), although they have had
a few models that used a 5 pin (similar to the Cobra) or 4 pin connector.

Old August 26th 04, 04:32 PM
Obadiah

Thanks for your kind follow up. I see what you mean about power &
noise-canceling. I thought I saw one like that in my searches, but guess I was
wrong. I don't really care about the power part, but would like to find
something that is noise-canceling.

If you have any links, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Old August 29th 04, 05:05 AM
THOR

"....... I don't really care about the power part, but would like to find
: something that is noise-canceling.
:
: If you have any links, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Try the Astatic Road Devil