Old August 31st 04, 04:56 AM
Robert MacNutt

Default 4-pin "crow foot" or "Y" plug for old Lafayette CB

Hi. I found a few really old posts about this plug, but no part
numbers or sources. Anyone know where I can find one of these plugs?
One post said it was used on the HB-400 radio. It's round, with round
pins, shaped like a "Y" (or a crows foot).

Picture available he

http://www.combo-organ.com/plug.jpg

I don't need it for a CB, though. It was used on an old Rheem combo
(portable) organ for the volume pedal.
Old August 31st 04, 07:45 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 30 Aug 2004 20:56:00 -0700, (Robert
MacNutt) wrote in :

Hi. I found a few really old posts about this plug, but no part
numbers or sources. Anyone know where I can find one of these plugs?
One post said it was used on the HB-400 radio. It's round, with round
pins, shaped like a "Y" (or a crows foot).

Picture available he

http://www.combo-organ.com/plug.jpg

I don't need it for a CB, though. It was used on an old Rheem combo
(portable) organ for the volume pedal.

I only have a few and I'm keeping them because I haven't found a
retail source. They have been used on lots of different stuff and
that's where I find them, so just keep looking. If you get desperate
you can always do the old wire-&-epoxy trick and mold yourself a new
one -- I've had to do that more times than I care to remember.

Old August 31st 04, 10:57 AM
M-Tech

Hey. It's just a 5 pin connector. Can't you find something from molex and
swap out both ends? Or is there some kind of "authentic" value in this like
the organ is a collectors item or something.

Don

m...

Old August 31st 04, 04:15 PM
Robert MacNutt

"M-Tech" wrote in message ...
Hey. It's just a 5 pin connector. Can't you find something from molex and
swap out both ends? Or is there some kind of "authentic" value in this like
the organ is a collectors item or something.

Don

"Robert MacNutt" wrote in message
m...
Hi. I found a few really old posts about this plug, but no part
numbers or sources. Anyone know where I can find one of these plugs?
One post said it was used on the HB-400 radio. It's round, with round
pins, shaped like a "Y" (or a crows foot).

Picture available he

http://www.combo-organ.com/plug.jpg

I don't need it for a CB, though. It was used on an old Rheem combo
(portable) organ for the volume pedal.

It's not a 5-pin connector, it's 4-pins, and the pin arrangement isn't
like any other I've seen. Yes, swapping both ends is a workable
solution, but it's worth spending a few minutes online doing inquiries
to try to locate the real thing. While combo organ's don't yet have
the status (or prices!) of vintage guitars and amps, collectors such
as myself will go to reasonable (but not fanatical) lengths to retain
as much original stuff as possible.
Old August 31st 04, 04:18 PM
Robert MacNutt

MacNutt) wrote in :

Hi. I found a few really old posts about this plug, but no part
numbers or sources. Anyone know where I can find one of these plugs?
One post said it was used on the HB-400 radio. It's round, with round
pins, shaped like a "Y" (or a crows foot).

Picture available he

http://www.combo-organ.com/plug.jpg

I don't need it for a CB, though. It was used on an old Rheem combo
(portable) organ for the volume pedal.

I only have a few and I'm keeping them because I haven't found a
retail source. They have been used on lots of different stuff and
that's where I find them, so just keep looking. If you get desperate
you can always do the old wire-&-epoxy trick and mold yourself a new
one -- I've had to do that more times than I care to remember.

Thanks. can you give me an idea of the kind of things that used
these, i.e., a particular model/line of CB or something? I might be
able to locate a broken one on eBay for cheap, and talk the seller
into hacking off just the plug. hey, I might check the thrift stores,
too!

Old August 31st 04, 04:19 PM
Dr.X

"M-Tech" wrote in message

[...]

I've seen that same pin configuration on an old Lafayette tube radio. There
must be some old mic you can gt it from. I wouldn't know where to begin to
look though. :-(

-Dr.X

Old August 31st 04, 05:38 PM
Robert MacNutt

"M-Tech" wrote in message ...
Hey. It's just a 5 pin connector. Can't you find something from molex and
swap out both ends? Or is there some kind of "authentic" value in this like
the organ is a collectors item or something.

Don

I almost forgot - the main reason I need the correct plug is I'm
making a pedal for a 3rd party who lives across the country, and who I
could not expect to replace the jack on the organ. If it were mine,
yeah, I'd probably be ready to replace it and be done with it.
Old September 1st 04, 01:23 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 31 Aug 2004 08:18:26 -0700, (Robert
MacNutt) wrote in :

Frank Gilliland wrote in message . ..
On 30 Aug 2004 20:56:00 -0700,
(Robert
MacNutt) wrote in :

[...]

Oddly enough, I think Radio Shaft used the same connector in some of
their old car stereos. They used to sell a wiring harness with the
plug. You might check to see if they still keep it in stock (and if
it's the right one). If that doesn't pan out, the best place to find
them is inside old tube-type phonographs and cabinet stereos.

Old September 1st 04, 01:28 AM
Steve

Actually it's a 4 pin plug. This plug was used on many Lafayette radios.
If you can't find the plug you can always go on Ebay and do a search on
Lafayette.
You usually can pick up an HB-525 or 625 for a song. Many come with the
microphone. Now you can get the radio with the female socket and the mic with
the male plug!
73

Old September 1st 04, 01:44 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:23:15 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote in
:

snip
Oddly enough, I think Radio Shaft used the same connector in some of
their old car stereos......

My mistake, they used a 5-pin connector.