Old September 4th 04, 06:39 AM
Leland C. Scott

Default Ping Twist

Hey Twist you getting your feet wet? Twice in a coupled of weeks is getting
to be a bit too much you think? Hope you got a set of good boots.
--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Old September 4th 04, 10:59 PM
Keith Hosman KC8TCQ

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message ...
Hey Twist you getting your feet wet? Twice in a coupled of weeks is getting
to be a bit too much you think? Hope you got a set of good boots.

we are getting the outer bands now. I just arrived at the operation HQ
in Sarasota, and I was havibng a heck of a time keeping the car on the
road. I was staying in Tampa, but thats changed I was going to be
there until the 6th, but now am staying farther south, back where I
was before.

I am hanging in there, I'll be running the comm center tonight here at
the HQ.

73 de Keith KC8TCQ
Old September 5th 04, 01:50 AM
Leland C. Scott

"Keith Hosman KC8TCQ" wrote in message
om...
"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

Hey Twist you getting your feet wet? Twice in a coupled of weeks is

getting
to be a bit too much you think? Hope you got a set of good boots.

we are getting the outer bands now. I just arrived at the operation HQ
in Sarasota, and I was havibng a heck of a time keeping the car on the
road. I was staying in Tampa, but thats changed I was going to be
there until the 6th, but now am staying farther south, back where I
was before.

I am hanging in there, I'll be running the comm center tonight here at
the HQ.

Hang in there Keith. I know you'll do the best you can.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Old September 6th 04, 12:10 AM
I Am Not George

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message ...
Hey Twist you getting your feet wet? Twice in a coupled of
weeks is getting
to be a bit too much you think? Hope you got a set of good boots.

twist is a survivor but one of these storms may knock his illegal cb
operation off the air

Old September 6th 04, 09:30 PM
Dr. Death

"I Am Not George" wrote in message
m...
twist is a survivor but one of these storms may knock his illegal cb
operation off the air

I'm sure that would break your heart, wouldn't it George?

Old September 8th 04, 12:25 AM
Dr.X

From: (Leland C. Scott)
Hey Twist you getting your feet wet? Twice in a coupled of weeks is
getting to be a bit too much you think? Hope you got a set of good
boots.
--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO
Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft
_
Power was just restored today...was on a generator for everything else.

I wish I had that generator. Couldn't work today without power. Tmrw I'll be
needing to print out paperwork for products to ship out (AutoZone ordered
some stuff and they fine us if we miss an order). Progress energy says they
have no clue at all when they can give us power. I wish they made battery
backups that could last a week or so. That would be way cool. I'm gonna
start a battery collection. :-P

The amount of water is unreal,,the bay surged more than I had ever
witnessed.....everyone here along the northern edge had water in the
house. Much cleaning up to do, but I'm heading out on the water tomorrow
to check out the area. Now we have Ivan expected to come up into the
Gulf and he was class IV last I checked. By the time Frances got to us,
he was a class I. Most folks (transplants that never weathered a
hurricane) aren't prepared for that large a storm (Ivan).

I've only been here for about 12 years. Never got to see a direct hit in St.
Pete. After Frances brushed by us, I don't think I want to see a direct hit.

-Dr.X (glad Twist didn't get blown away by Frances).