Old September 6th 04, 05:03 AM
Dr.X

Default antenna mast (push-up poll)

Does anyone still sell the telescoping antenna mast (push-up poll) anymore?
I thought RadioScrap sold it but it appears they don't anymore.

tia,
-Dr.X

Old September 6th 04, 05:15 AM
I ain't George either

"Dr.X" wrote in message
Does anyone still sell the telescoping antenna mast (push-up poll)
anymore?
I thought RadioScrap sold it but it appears they don't anymore.

tia,
-Dr.X

Lowe's has them, or did just a few years ago.

Old September 6th 04, 02:55 PM
Jay in the Mojave

Hello Dr. X:

Yes Radio Shack doesn't carry a bunch of the radio stuff like they use
to. I think it kind of reflects the communication market, with the
internet, cell phones, Nextel Walkie Talkies, ect.

I talked with one of the long time Radio Shack mangers at a local radio
get together BBQ and get to know each other radio personalities cook
out. The manger told me RS was deleting many things like the Telescoping
TV Masts.

However I believe that Lowels home improvement stores carry the Channel
Master 30 foot Telescoping Masts. Rohn Manufacturing went out of
business, so the good Heavy Duty Telescoping Masts seem to have dried up
a little. But there was a new company that bought the Rohn manufacturing
plant, and these Heavy Duty Masts should be made available soon, I would
think.

You might have to find a local communications distributor that sells
them tho. Stocking these masts is NOT a pleasant things for retailers.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert, ....just down the road ah ways from the
fillin station.