Old September 12th 04, 09:56 PM
Réjean Mathieu

Default COBRA 142GTL SQUEALING

Can anyone help. I am stuck with this problem
In receive, when I turn the volume, it starts to squeal at around 70% ???

I tested a dozen of lytics around the AF power amp. Found C118 had hi ESR.
Replaced it , it still squeals the same. Tried it with a 8 ohms dummy load
and scoped it., same it squeals.
???
Thanks

Old September 13th 04, 12:26 AM
Dr. Rastis Fafoofnik

"Réjean Mathieu" wrote in message
Can anyone help. I am stuck with this problem
In receive, when I turn the volume, it starts to squeal at around 70% ???

I tested a dozen of lytics around the AF power amp. Found C118 had hi ESR.
Replaced it , it still squeals the same. Tried it with a 8 ohms dummy load
and scoped it., same it squeals.
???
Thanks

Look for poor grounds, also scope the power supply around the audio chip,
could be an open supply bypass cap. Since the audio chip starts to pull some
power when you crank it up, it CAN get back into the 12 volt supply if a
bypass electrolytic is open.

Old September 18th 04, 08:47 AM
Steveo

"K. Rogers" wrote:
rewire the mic dillhole

Which mic has a dillhole?
Old September 20th 04, 01:32 PM

audio power supply not enough?
had the same thing with a audio section in a scanner. was a pass resister in
the dc power source. reisitor broke down under load, not supplying enough
current, started squeeling at high volume.

"Réjean Mathieu" wrote in message
Can anyone help. I am stuck with this problem
In receive, when I turn the volume, it starts to squeal at around 70% ???

I tested a dozen of lytics around the AF power amp. Found C118 had hi ESR.
Replaced it , it still squeals the same. Tried it with a 8 ohms dummy load
and scoped it., same it squeals.
???
Thanks

Cobra 25 WX LTD Classic mic squeal Chris CB 3 June 26th 04 08:26 PM
Fs cobra 142Gtl Mwin33 CB 0 June 9th 04 09:23 AM
FS cobra 142Gtl Mwin33 CB 0 April 11th 04 08:52 AM
FS: Cobra 142GTL Slo100bw1 CB 0 December 15th 03 03:26 PM
Cobra 18 WX ST II vs. Cobra 75 WX ST All-in-handset -numbskull CB 0 December 13th 03 05:01 AM