Old September 19th 04, 08:38 PM
CSFD

Default FA: RARE NEW MOONRAKER 4

Own a great antenna...Only 3 or 4 hours left on E-bay!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=57203624 48&
rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Old September 19th 04, 11:19 PM
Jay in the Mojave

CSFD wrote:
Own a great antenna...Only 3 or 4 hours left on E-bay!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=57203624 48&
rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Hello CSFD:

Not a bad price at 280.oo which is where its at right now.

The cost of the Moonraker 4 would probably be in the neighborhood of 500
to 600 dollars today to manufacture, even with the stock cheap **** hubs
that break way too easily. Even more with the good CNC of modified cast
aluminum Hubs.

But the Moonraker 4 was always a great performing beam.

Jay in the Mojave
Old September 20th 04, 01:58 AM
Jay in the Mojave

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=57203624 48&

Wow that Moonraker 4 sold for 370 dollars.

Wonder if there is a market to sell new CNC Machined Hubs with stronger
Boom????? That the elements would just fit into, and it would be like a
after market bolt on upgrade?

Maybe even a kit to replace the Gamma Matches, and replace them with a
Hairpin and Balun Matching System, hum...........

Could call it the Moonraker Four, bolt on upgrade Mod (BOUD)

And have your picture on the front of Popular Communications, with some
hot babe draped all over ya, With the BOUM Moonraker 4 in the
background. YEAH! Buy 6 copies for my Mother!

Jay in the Mojave

Credentials:
Rock n Roll fan
Owner 1967 Ford F250 4x4, built 460 no smog ****, worlds loudest PA System
Paid member of Mojave Desert Radio Club (MDRC) all most 9 dollars.
Studied Elektronics in 8th Grade, Los Angles City School System, Got a C
(That was before they dropped the industrial arts, for more academic
****, like Ancient European History, and incoming paper clips.)
Seven Six Secret Service, member, dues not paid, have not chopped off
small finger yet.
Old September 20th 04, 06:50 AM
Psychiatrist to keyclowns

Jay in the Mojave wrote in message ...
[...]

Do the math...a moonraker 4's boom is too short.

Old September 24th 04, 08:29 PM
NIW

Hello CSFD:

Not a bad price at 280.oo which is where its at right now.

The cost of the Moonraker 4 would probably be in the neighborhood of 500
to 600 dollars today to manufacture, even with the stock cheap **** hubs
that break way too easily. Even more with the good CNC of modified cast
aluminum Hubs.

But the Moonraker 4 was always a great performing beam.

Jay in the Mojave

The newer Moonrakers were JUNK... poorly made elements and boom. The older ones
(late 1960's and 1970's versions) were MUCH better built. Avanti Built the
best. The newer one's are cheap and should be avoided.

NIW

Old September 24th 04, 09:00 PM
Master Chief

I disagree. I have a brand new Moonraker 4 in the box. A brand new PDLII too.
I have old versions of the sigma 5/8 and Sigma IV as well as the new versions
from A/S. A/S did a good job updating the older Avanti antennas.

If you are ever on Southern CA, stop by and I'll show you!

Master Chief!

http://www.a1antennas.com/