Old September 28th 04, 10:17 PM
Chris

Default Need help installing internal preamp

It's a Lil Preamp board from 99 Electronics that goes inside the radio. I
want to put it in a JC Penney 6247: same as a Colt 480 and many others. The
instructions say in most cases to remove a capacitor at the receive input
and put this board in its place. I looked at a radio that it gave specific
instructions for and it's before the first coil but after the clamping
diodes that keep the output from going into the input during transmit. The
6247 has a capacitor before those diodes. Doesn't that mean the radio would
transmit into the preamp? If I put it between the diodes and the coil, the
signal is weak. If I put it in place of the capacitor C100, the receive is
better but I think as soon as I key it it will destroy the preamp. Any
suggestion here?

Chris

Antenna Preamp Greg_False Homebrew 0 June 18th 04 04:17 AM
Loop Antenna Preamp AL KA5JGV Antenna 2 December 19th 03 11:56 AM
Internal Resistance (?) George, W5YR Antenna 40 August 23rd 03 12:36 AM
Audio preamp for LM 4808? Bill Young WD5HOH Homebrew 6 July 23rd 03 01:26 AM
Audio preamp for LM 4808? Bill Young WD5HOH Homebrew 0 July 19th 03 07:54 PM