Old October 4th 04, 04:07 AM
Landshark

Default This still applys today

a.. __From__: Brainbuster
b.. __Subject__: ALL MUST READ!!!
c.. __Date__: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 08:00:26 -0600

OK, I'll take the bait - and give a *real* reply...

Georgina Adair wrote in message ...
"Brainbuster" [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

Just filter out messages with such words in them, and from certain
senders who post nothing but abuse.
You will find that the group goes very quiet... there is very little
real CB content.

I have included my filter figures below.

Exactly Peter you will not see any messages from steve/moped, no posts from
landfag, no posts from dickiehead cranium, no posts from twithed related to
cb they all contain little or no cb content. Bet on it they are consumed
trolls. you got that shot right

Well, in total, 66% of this newsgroup is easily filterered crap. I would
say that at least another 25% is a bit harder to filter by subject, but is
crap just the same.
Look through the figures below, you will see that I do not read much from
many of the people on here. OK, so I read less than 1% of twisty's posts...
but, whatever you come out smelling of - they won't be using to make
perfume, that's for sure.

Until you change your "nic", you are generally in my filter by name, as are
several other posters on this group - purely because the posts are rarely of
any benefit to the group or readers. When you change your "nic", the new
one goes in the filter. Your posts may not be as offensive as certain
people on here, but it is almost all just arguments.

For the useful content in their posts, I may as well do the same with
Richard Cranium, Chim Bubba, and Twistedhed. Nothing against the
chaps, just that I don't have the time to drudge through megabytes of
crap looking for that one good post.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

===
Now, for the figures...

I put many subjects in the filter, incuding for sale and Ebay subjects.
The following figures relate to messages which appeared on my news server
between 11th November and 2nd December. Name blocking was switched off,
with subject blocking only.

2LD751:
Filtered: 2 (Ebay)
Remaining: 8 = 80%

Antikeyclown:
Filtered: 120
Remaining posts with sexual
content or foul language: 16
On-topic, clean posts: 1 = 0.73%

Chim Bubba:
Filtered: 26
Remaining: 1 = 3.7%

Citizens For A Keyclown-Free Newsgroup:
Filtered: 36
Remaining posts with sexual
content or foul language: 4
Clean posts remaining: 32

Dave VanHorn:
Filtered: 2 (Ham)
Remaining: 16 = 88.9%

Doc:
Filtered: Nil
Remaining: 5 = 100%

Frank Gilliland:
Filtered: 21 (8 F/S or F/A)
Remaining: 19 = 47.5%

gw:
Filtered: 12
Remaining: 22 = 67.6%

Jerry O:
Filtered: 3 (Ham / Hammie subjects)
Remaining: 1 = 25%

Jim (JC):
Filtered: 4 (2 Amateur)
Remaining: 13 = 76.47%

Kieth Hosman:
Filtered: Nil
Remaining: 5 = 100%
* remaining posts are usually off topic - but lighten the
group with very welcome humour.

Lancer:
Filtered: 3
Remaining: 4 = 57.1%

Landshark:
Filtered: 20
Remaining: 17 = 46%

moistrous:
Filtered: Nil
Remaining: 11 = 100%

N8WWM
Filtered: 9
Remaining: 1 = 10%

Radioman:
Filtered: 11
Remaining: 18 = 62%

Randy:
Filtered: 10 (3 For sale)
Remaining: 1 = 9.09%

Richard Cranium:
Filtered: 46
Remaining: 5 = 9.8%

Sideband:
Filtered: 8
Remaining: 2 = 20%

Steveo:
Filtered: 162
Remaining: 83 = 33.87%

tnom:
Filtered: 10
Remaining: 1 = 9.09%

Train:
Filtered: 7
Remaining: 3 = 30%

Twistedhed:
Filtered: 83
Remaining: 38 = 31.4%

WA3MOJ [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
Filtered: 11
Remaining: 4 = 26.67%

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Landshark)
Filtered: 19
Remaining: 1 = 5%

IP number 68.45.65.124
Crimson Tide Posts: 156
Neil Down Posts: 38
DickieBoyCranium: 1
DickieHeadwithEars: 1
Wallace : 2
William Wallace 29
Total: 227
Filtered: 181
Remaining posts: 46 = 20.26%

TOTAL MESSAGES:
Subject filtered: 1043
Remaining: 538= 34%
Name filtered 4.8%

Old October 4th 04, 04:38 AM
sideband

Wow.. I made Landshark's filters.. Wonder why?

-SSB

Sideband:
Filtered: 8
Remaining: 2 = 20%

Old October 4th 04, 03:08 PM
Landshark

"sideband" wrote in message
m...
Wow.. I made Landshark's filters.. Wonder why?

-SSB

Sideband:
Filtered: 8
Remaining: 2 = 20%

No, that was originally BrainBusters post, I reposted
it.

Landshark

--
My bad..the camera is mightier than the blowhard(s)..in most respects.

Old October 4th 04, 05:24 PM
sideband

Ah. Ok. Missed that one. I've been a bit under the weather with this
damned gallstone. Sorry 'bout that...

-SSB

Landshark wrote:
m...

Old October 5th 04, 12:52 AM
BP

FagsharkFilter wrote in
:

sideband wrote in news:LOe8d.13735$8V.2547
@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com:

Ah. Ok. Missed that one. I've been a bit under the weather with this
damned gallstone. Sorry 'bout that...

-SSB

Ohh you poor baby..

Curious george = ad homi'nym' shifter.

Old October 5th 04, 02:28 AM
random letters and numbers

the Mask wrote in
:

BP wrote in news:10m3oh77gggrb7
@corp.supernews.com:

Curious george = ad homi'nym' shifter.

BP=Big Pussy alias=Steveosocko

wa3moj = random letters and numbers lol!

Old October 5th 04, 03:05 AM
Landshark

"random letters and numbers" wrote in message
the Mask wrote in
:

BP wrote in news:10m3oh77gggrb7
@corp.supernews.com:

Curious george = ad homi'nym' shifter.

BP=Big Pussy alias=Steveosocko

wa3moj = random letters and numbers lol!

Yup,

http://tinyurl.com/6jngs

Landshark

Old October 5th 04, 04:03 AM
U Know Who

"otgeorgeieporgiepuddinpie" wrote in
message ...
"Landshark" wrote in news:3kn8d.4725$JG2.277
@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

http://tinyurl.com/6jngs

and that posty proves what you are stewing thru google looking for old
podts roflmao !!!!!

Say what?

Old October 5th 04, 04:31 AM
Dr.X

"U Know Who" wrote in message

"otgeorgeieporgiepuddinpie" wrote

in
message ...
"Landshark" wrote in news:3kn8d.4725$JG2.277
@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

http://tinyurl.com/6jngs

and that posty proves what you are stewing thru google looking for old
podts roflmao !!!!!

Say what?

I'll bet you thought he was speaking English.

-Dr.X

Old October 5th 04, 05:03 AM
posty podts

otgeorgeieporgiepuddinpie wrote in
:

"Landshark" wrote in news:3kn8d.4725$JG2.277
@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

http://tinyurl.com/6jngs

and that posty proves what you are stewing thru google looking for old
podts roflmao !!!!!

??? ..rolling on the floor, ..making no sense?