Old October 8th 04, 09:19 PM
Reg1647

Default HONEYWELL WATTMETER?

Need help, I have a wattmeter that has 50-160 MCS. 52 OHMS. What is MCS? What
type of equipment will that test? Thanks
Old October 9th 04, 02:17 PM
Jay in the Mojave

Hello Reg1647:

How are you doing there? Hope all is well.

I think your talking about a old Honeywell Watt meter that uses the old
and very large slugs, that are of course interchanagble, for different
frequency bands. The meter movement on these meters was set up to have a
very slow meter movement, allowing it to ruggied, but will not show SSB
all that will unless you whistle into the mic for a long period of time.
There where the hot set at one time.

Mcs is Megacycles, before they changed it to MHz. More of the academic
acheivement world as compared to the real world. Your slug will work on
frequencies 50-160 Mhz, or Mcs.

I had one of these old meters I traded to a old ham that just had to
have it. I also used for a door stop to the radio room.

Jay in the Mojave