Old October 19th 04, 09:29 PM
Stephen

Default Finding old CB friends

I'd really like to find an old childhood friend, Lyle Dean Whitacker,
who got me started in CB radio back in the mid 60's. He was a year
older than me, but his friendship and help with CB radio was an
experience that I'll always be grateful for. Lost touch with him, and
hope he might be on one of these sites. Lyle, from South Bend Indiana
(Brummitt Lane)...it's your former childhood neighbor, Steve Bennett,
looking for you. thanks!
-Steve (KRK-0566)
Old October 25th 04, 08:44 PM
Stephen

Thanks! I am a member of CLASSMATES, but nothing there. He moved away
quite a while ago, according to his sister, but now I've lost track of
her. Somehow, I'm hoping that his enthusiasm for CB will land him on
one of these sites.
Thanks for the help though!

-Stephen
Old October 26th 04, 05:29 AM
Jon Lippert

Greetings! You might see if he has become a ham as most hams started out as
CBer's.
Old October 26th 04, 01:38 PM
Bert Craig

"Jon Lippert" wrote in message
Greetings! You might see if he has become a ham as most hams started out
as
CBer's.

I've found two doing just that. The QRZ database name search is the place to
start.

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old October 26th 04, 02:13 PM
Stephen

Hi Jon. Nope, he's not a ham. I'd almost suspect that life's
circumstances took him far away from the CB hobby. But I'm hoping that
he's looking toward the happier times of the past, and thus back to
the good old CB days.

I've always believed strongly in re-establishing contact with old
friends and classmates (and teachers), as I found the consequences of
losing contact with some. Life is short and precious, and who
knows.....you might make a difference to someone's lost life by
looking them up again. If you think about it, one of the prime reasons
we got into CB...is to communicate and keep in touch!

This is a great website for CB'ers! Thanks so much for all the
replies.

-Stephen
Old October 27th 04, 06:30 AM
Jon Lippert

Greetings Stephen! Sorry that didn't work for you. I have moved away from
where I grew up and have tried to find some of my old friends, but have found
few. You are right about life being too short; I am finding that out the hard
way. It might be worth a try just doing a name search especially if his name
was something other than the normal. That has worked for me on one occasion.
Don't assume that your friends life may not have turned out well. One of my
friends that I last knew was in the pen got out and is now the engineer at the
local radio station keeping everything going. The other was kicked out of
school for falling asleep in class due to his long nights of partying with
drugs and achohol, and is now a midle school principle. Have a great week and
good luck! Jon.
Old October 27th 04, 02:11 PM
Stephen

Thanks Jon! Yes, I've tried all sorts of name searches. No luck, but
at least by trying to find him, I'm doing better than just wishing I
had. You are right...you never know where old friends might have ended
up.

You have a great week too, and thanks so much for your replies.

-Stephen