Old October 21st 04, 02:08 AM
Cledus

Default Uniden 510XL receive only?

I have a Uniden 510XL that I would like to use to listen without the mic
attached. When I unplug the mic I get no audio. I rarely talk and
don't have much room in my car so I would like to leave the mic
unplugged unless I am using it.

Anyone have an idea of a way to trick the radio into thinking the mic is
attached? Or maybe another small (and cheap) CB that doesn't need the
mic attached?

Thanks.
Old October 21st 04, 04:33 AM
DR. Death

"Cledus" wrote in message
I have a Uniden 510XL that I would like to use to listen without the mic
attached. When I unplug the mic I get no audio. I rarely talk and
don't have much room in my car so I would like to leave the mic
unplugged unless I am using it.

Anyone have an idea of a way to trick the radio into thinking the mic is
attached? Or maybe another small (and cheap) CB that doesn't need the
mic attached?

Thanks.

If you have an extra mic plug you can put a jump wire from the ground pin to
the receive pin.

Old October 21st 04, 11:40 PM
DR. Death

DR. Death wrote:
"Cledus" wrote in message

I have a Uniden 510XL that I would like to use to listen without the mic
attached. When I unplug the mic I get no audio. I rarely talk and
don't have much room in my car so I would like to leave the mic
unplugged unless I am using it.

Anyone have an idea of a way to trick the radio into thinking the mic is
attached? Or maybe another small (and cheap) CB that doesn't need the
mic attached?

Thanks.

If you have an extra mic plug you can put a jump wire from the ground

pin to
the receive pin.

Glad I could help you.

Uniden Pro 510XL and power connection???? jazu CB 1 September 25th 04 12:33 PM
Uniden Pro 510xl antenna Chris CB 4 July 8th 04 03:53 AM
My email is full blocked, I can`t receive ours mail, else are empty Zoran Dimitrijevic Equipment 2 June 21st 04 03:22 AM
My email is full blocked, I can`t receive ours mail, else are empty Zoran Dimitrijevic Dx 0 June 20th 04 02:26 PM
My email is full blocked, I can`t receive ours mail, else are empty Zoran Dimitrijevic Equipment 0 June 20th 04 02:26 PM