RadioBanter

-   -   Midland 255ESP Freq Mod (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/33107-midland-255esp-freq-mod.html)

Bill Lowry November 16th 04 01:51 AM

Midland 255ESP Freq Mod

Has anyone performed the Frequency Mod as outlined on the CBTricks web site.
I performed the mod as shown there but I can twist the Channel knob until I
wear it out and it still only works on the Normal channels. I hate to get
beat when all that has to be done is to add one diode. (g)

Bill

http://www.cbtricks.com/ .........and go to radio
info..........Midland............77-255ESP

Psychiatrist to keyclowns November 16th 04 08:51 AM

"Bill Lowry" wrote in message news:b2dmd.3442$J55.1562@trnddc06...
Has anyone performed the Frequency Mod as outlined on the CBTricks web site.
I performed the mod as shown there but I can twist the Channel knob until I
wear it out and it still only works on the Normal channels. I hate to get
beat when all that has to be done is to add one diode. (g)

Bill

http://www.cbtricks.com/ .........and go to radio
info..........Midland............77-255ESP

Illegal to modify CB radios to work out of band. Guess we are gonna
have to send another letter to Yahoo and tell them about the unsavory
content of that group. You keykweenz can slobber all you want about
how information is legal, etc. Who cares? When Yahoo gets the picture
as to what you are doing with the space they give you they will yank
your group, which is also perfectly legal.

Enjoy it now, keykweenz.

Special shoutouts to scottiekins.

DR. Death November 17th 04 04:50 AM

"Bill Lowry" wrote in message
Has anyone performed the Frequency Mod as outlined on the CBTricks web

site.
I performed the mod as shown there but I can twist the Channel knob until

wear it out and it still only works on the Normal channels. I hate to get
beat when all that has to be done is to add one diode. (g)

Bill

http://www.cbtricks.com/ .........and go to radio
info..........Midland............77-255ESP

You listed your model as 77-255ESP, cbtricks mod is for the 77-255ESP2
model.

Bill Lowry November 18th 04 09:46 PM

When I read your response I said, "Oh no". I was thinking that I had mad an
expensive mistake. However, it is an ESP2. I am glad it was just a typing
mistake instead a purchase mistake. (g)

I soldered a diode into the B position and started twisting the dial. Every
time I started from, say channel 1, the next time I rotated the dial to
channel 1 again I was still on the normal channel 1.

Got any Ideas?

Bill

I Am Not George November 18th 04 10:00 PM

"Bill Lowry" wrote
When I read your response I said, "Oh no". I was thinking that I had mad
an
expensive mistake. However, it is an ESP2. I am glad it was just a typing
mistake instead a purchase mistake. (g)

I soldered a diode into the B position and started twisting the dial. Every
time I started from, say channel 1, the next time I rotated the dial to
channel 1 again I was still on the normal channel 1.

Got any Ideas?

yes leave it alone why do you need all those illegal channels anyway

DR. Death November 18th 04 10:59 PM

"DR. Death" wrote in message
"Bill Lowry" wrote in message
Has anyone performed the Frequency Mod as outlined on the CBTricks web

site.
I performed the mod as shown there but I can twist the Channel knob

until
wear it out and it still only works on the Normal channels. I hate to

get
beat when all that has to be done is to add one diode. (g)

Bill

http://www.cbtricks.com/ .........and go to radio
info..........Midland............77-255ESP

You listed your model as 77-255ESP, cbtricks mod is for the 77-255ESP2
model.

I'm not familiar with that particular Midland model. I'll assume you are
using a freq counter to confirm that the mod does not work as the mod states
it will not show on the LCD which band you are on. Also check to make sure
that the diode is not reversed and no bridged solder joints. Other than that
I haven't a clue. Good luck.

U Know Who November 19th 04 01:05 AM

"I Am Not George" wrote in message
m...
"Bill Lowry" wrote
When I read your response I said, "Oh no". I was thinking that I had mad
an
expensive mistake. However, it is an ESP2. I am glad it was just a typing
mistake instead a purchase mistake. (g)

I soldered a diode into the B position and started twisting the dial.
Every
time I started from, say channel 1, the next time I rotated the dial to
channel 1 again I was still on the normal channel 1.

Got any Ideas?

yes leave it alone why do you need all those illegal channels anyway

Really! Why expand an AM only radio?

I Am Not George November 19th 04 06:02 AM

"Bill Lowry" wrote
We only use one of the channels, and then only for a few days.

are you involved in some kind of illegal activity where you need to
stay on the move LOL