Old November 16th 04, 01:51 AM
Bill Lowry

Default Midland 255ESP Freq Mod

Has anyone performed the Frequency Mod as outlined on the CBTricks web site.
I performed the mod as shown there but I can twist the Channel knob until I
wear it out and it still only works on the Normal channels. I hate to get
beat when all that has to be done is to add one diode. (g)

Bill

http://www.cbtricks.com/ .........and go to radio
info..........Midland............77-255ESP

Old November 16th 04, 08:51 AM
Psychiatrist to keyclowns

"Bill Lowry" wrote in message news:b2dmd.3442$J55.1562@trnddc06...
Has anyone performed the Frequency Mod as outlined on the CBTricks web site.
I performed the mod as shown there but I can twist the Channel knob until I
wear it out and it still only works on the Normal channels. I hate to get
beat when all that has to be done is to add one diode. (g)

Bill

http://www.cbtricks.com/ .........and go to radio
info..........Midland............77-255ESP

Illegal to modify CB radios to work out of band. Guess we are gonna
have to send another letter to Yahoo and tell them about the unsavory
content of that group. You keykweenz can slobber all you want about
how information is legal, etc. Who cares? When Yahoo gets the picture
as to what you are doing with the space they give you they will yank
your group, which is also perfectly legal.

Enjoy it now, keykweenz.

Special shoutouts to scottiekins.

Old November 17th 04, 04:50 AM
DR. Death

"Bill Lowry" wrote in message
Has anyone performed the Frequency Mod as outlined on the CBTricks web

site.
I performed the mod as shown there but I can twist the Channel knob until

wear it out and it still only works on the Normal channels. I hate to get
beat when all that has to be done is to add one diode. (g)

Bill

http://www.cbtricks.com/ .........and go to radio
info..........Midland............77-255ESP

You listed your model as 77-255ESP, cbtricks mod is for the 77-255ESP2
model.

Old November 18th 04, 09:46 PM
Bill Lowry

When I read your response I said, "Oh no". I was thinking that I had mad an
expensive mistake. However, it is an ESP2. I am glad it was just a typing
mistake instead a purchase mistake. (g)

I soldered a diode into the B position and started twisting the dial. Every
time I started from, say channel 1, the next time I rotated the dial to
channel 1 again I was still on the normal channel 1.

Got any Ideas?

Bill

Old November 18th 04, 10:59 PM
DR. Death

"DR. Death" wrote in message
"Bill Lowry" wrote in message
Has anyone performed the Frequency Mod as outlined on the CBTricks web

site.
I performed the mod as shown there but I can twist the Channel knob

until
wear it out and it still only works on the Normal channels. I hate to

get
beat when all that has to be done is to add one diode. (g)

Bill

http://www.cbtricks.com/ .........and go to radio
info..........Midland............77-255ESP

You listed your model as 77-255ESP, cbtricks mod is for the 77-255ESP2
model.

I'm not familiar with that particular Midland model. I'll assume you are
using a freq counter to confirm that the mod does not work as the mod states
it will not show on the LCD which band you are on. Also check to make sure
that the diode is not reversed and no bridged solder joints. Other than that
I haven't a clue. Good luck.