Old November 24th 04, 03:40 AM
Steveo

"harvey" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
| Long term effect is bad typing.

i know as i get older its harder to hit seperate keys and its also
according to my thc levels.....hehe

I wuz talking about my typing.
Old November 24th 04, 03:43 AM
Leland C. Scott

"harvey" wrote in message
.. .

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

| "Twistedhed" wrote in message
| The large corporations continue to do business as usual while the
| feds pacify insignificants with smoke and mirrors (fines).
|
| Except when the "go to jail" part of the penalty comes up for repeated
| violations. Also don't overlook that some of those Pilot Travel centers
may
| be wholly own franchises where the owner has to pay the fine if they get
| busted. The real fine is having to go to court to fight the FCC, and

that
| sounds like what may happen. When it does it could cost them much more
than
| the $125K fine depending on how far they want to take the fight up the
legal
| ladder. This would be the case to watch.
| --
| Leland C. Scott
| KC8LDO

i think a company whose one branch makes over 5 billion a yr will just

shrug
this off....
harv

For a large company yeah you're right. But then again if one of the
executives ends up in jail, which they can, then taking the radios off the
shelf would have looked like the smart thing to do and then just shrug it
off. Lately the government likes throwing white collar company executives in
jail for wrong doing. After all just how much money are they going to
realistically loose anyway from dumping the questionable radios from their
sales line up? Not much is my guess. If the FCC chooses to play hard-ball I
expect they will just do what the FCC told them to do, and not waste any
more time or money on something that won't materially affect their bottom
line.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Old November 24th 04, 04:33 AM
harvey

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

| "harvey" wrote in message
| .. .
|
| "Leland C. Scott" wrote in message
| |
| | "Twistedhed" wrote in message
| | The large corporations continue to do business as usual while the
| | feds pacify insignificants with smoke and mirrors (fines).
| |
| | Except when the "go to jail" part of the penalty comes up for repeated
| | violations. Also don't overlook that some of those Pilot Travel
centers
| may
| | be wholly own franchises where the owner has to pay the fine if they
get
| | busted. The real fine is having to go to court to fight the FCC, and
| that
| | sounds like what may happen. When it does it could cost them much more
| than
| | the $125K fine depending on how far they want to take the fight up the
| legal
| | ladder. This would be the case to watch.
| | --
| | Leland C. Scott
| | KC8LDO
| |
| i think a company whose one branch makes over 5 billion a yr will just
| shrug
| this off....
| harv
|
| For a large company yeah you're right. But then again if one of the
| executives ends up in jail, which they can, then taking the radios off the
| shelf would have looked like the smart thing to do and then just shrug it
| off. Lately the government likes throwing white collar company executives
in
| jail for wrong doing. After all just how much money are they going to
| realistically loose anyway from dumping the questionable radios from their
| sales line up? Not much is my guess. If the FCC chooses to play hard-ball
| expect they will just do what the FCC told them to do, and not waste any
| more time or money on something that won't materially affect their bottom
| line.
|

| --
| Leland C. Scott
| KC8LDO
|
| Wireless Network
| Mobile computing
| on the go brought
| to you by Micro$oft
|
|i'll have to agree with ya on that leland-wouldnt ya like to be the fly on
the wall and hear the conversation that happens when they pull in the guy or
gal who decided to add them to their line-up on the selves...lol....fingers
may be pointing all over the place..lol
harv

Old November 24th 04, 04:34 AM
harvey

"Steveo" wrote in message
| "harvey" wrote:
| "Steveo" wrote in message
| | Long term effect is bad typing.
|
| i know as i get older its harder to hit seperate keys and its also
| according to my thc levels.....hehe
|
| I wuz talking about my typing.
i know and i was kinda giving an excuse fer mine..

Old November 24th 04, 12:58 PM
Lancer

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:55:49 -0600, itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:

Lancer wrote in
news.com:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:56:08 -0600, itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:

Lancer wrote in
synews.com:

He might slap it more if he knew that Pilots were still selling those
radios. HEHEHEHE..

really which ones??

Exit 470, I-20

This one??
Store No. 433
Address 8787 South Lancaster Road
Dallas, TX 75241
Interstate I-20, Exit 470
Phone (972) 228-2467
Fax (972) 228-4386

Don't know about the store number or phone number, but thats where its
located.

Old November 24th 04, 02:17 PM
Rambling Man

"Lancer" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:55:49 -0600, itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:

Lancer wrote in
ynews.com:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:56:08 -0600, itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:

Lancer wrote in
asynews.com:

He might slap it more if he knew that Pilots were still selling those
radios. HEHEHEHE..

really which ones??

Exit 470, I-20

This one??
Store No. 433
Address 8787 South Lancaster Road
Dallas, TX 75241
Interstate I-20, Exit 470
Phone (972) 228-2467
Fax (972) 228-4386

Don't know about the store number or phone number, but thats where its
located.

I "believe" the store in Bentleyville PA is as well - Just off I-70. I was
there a couple weeks ago and some of the radios I seen in the display
"appeared" to be some of the brands known to be not so legal. But that was a
couple weeks ago, they may have pulled them by now. But there is a Truck
Stop not far from there - a hole in the wall set up, with a CB shop that
sells those sorts of sets also. It's in Madison, PA also off I-70. I know
people who've bought or were informed when asked about - linears being on
stock. They make little attempt to hide that fact. Or the fact of beefing up
radios. I think if memory serves me correct, they display the illegal radios
right out in the open.

Rambling man

Old November 24th 04, 03:33 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Leland=A0C.=A0Scott)
"Twistedhed" wrote in message
The large corporations continue to do business as usual while the feds
pacify insignificants with smoke and mirrors (fines).

Except when the "go to jail" part of the penalty

comes up for repeated violations.

Large corporations pay fines opposed to having their folks go to jail.
The obvious exceptions were the Michael Milkens.

Also don't overlook that some of those Pilot

Travel centers may be wholly own franchises

where the owner has to pay the fine if they get
busted.

That's not how it works with franchises. Franchises are required to
carry certain items. The mother corporation usually absorbs any such
fines. The ceiling is built-in to these companies as a cost of doing
business. A paltry
125k, such as the figure you mention, is nothing
at all to the corporation. When their ceiling is reached, only then can
the method be effective. Nothing has changed since the seventies
regarding enforcement,,,,not a damn thing. The amount of convictions
(per the FCC) is actually less than the seventies and the only fines
that have been increased (in frequency) are the ones against commerical
broadcasters.

The real fine is having to go to court to fight

the FCC, and that sounds like what may

happen.

Not by these large corporations. They pay the fine and forget about it
instantaneously.

When it does it could cost them much more

than the $125K fine depending on how far

they want to take the fight up the legal ladder.

This would be the case to watch.

The fines are paid and its business as usual.
These companies usually don't fight these fines. In fact, there is no
large corporation has lodged such a court room battle (which you speak
of concerning radio gear, amps, etc) for the exact reason you
mention...it is much easier tand cheaper to pay the fine and
continue,,,,,business-as-usual.
The ONLY way to change this is via legislation, and we all know the
angry hammie who is pre-occupied with such nonsense is merely reactive,
not proactive.
Again, if ANYTHING changed since the seventies regarding enforcement,
it is that now is the best time as any to buy a radio and begin
freebanding. Enforcement is practically non-existent unless you draw
major attention to yourself with splatter and bleed.
Business as usual, and with the cooler weather comes the skip,,,,,27.555
is kicking up major contacts again and no one on the freq is remotely
concerned with a single hammie's angry, jealous, errant, and reactive
behavior.
Happy holidays.

--
Leland C. Scott

KC8LDO

Wireless Network

Mobile computing

on the go brought

to you by Micro$oft

Old November 24th 04, 03:43 PM
Twistedhed

From: pam
(itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge)
(Twistedhed) wrote in news:27344-41A35AD8-570
@storefull-3258.bay.webtv.net:
As long as folks like Oxendine continue to accept this as enforcement,
nothing will change. Corporations get popped and pay fines all the time.
It's accepted and often standard business practice in the USA and a
specialty of the right wing. The fine is listed as an expense at tax
time. The large corporations continue to do business as usual while the
feds pacify insignificants with smoke and mirrors (fines). Meanwhile,
the Oxendines of the land are easily fooled. Armed with a false sense of
superiority, Oxendine, in all actuality, is saying,
"Thank-you-sir-my-I-have-another?", when he is unable to grasp exactly
what it is he just received. Cut him some slack. He's in a learning
process.

No twisted ****ehad

Oh,,I didn't mean to anger your impotent self. Try and get that admitted
communication deficit under control and stop permitting your emotions
to dictate your behavior.

this is another step in ridding the truckers and
others of export radios. amp makers will be

next, rome wasnt built in one day

Correct, it was brought down in one day. Rome burned while Nero fiddled.
I'm your dj. Enjoy the music, as the song remains the same and has since
the seventies. You aren't permitted near the turntable, so do the only
thing you can,,,,,go back to your corner and bitch about the tunes and
blame me for your misery.

Old November 24th 04, 04:00 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Leland=A0C.=A0Scott)
"harvey" wrote in message
.. .
"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

| "Twistedhed" wrote in message |
... | The large
corporations continue to do business as usual while the feds pacify
insignificants with smoke and mirrors (fines).

Except when the "go to jail" part of the penalty
comes up for repeated | violations. Also don't

overlook that some of those Pilot Travel

centers may

be wholly own franchises where the owner

has to pay the fine if they get | busted. The

real fine is having to go to court to fight the

FCC, and that sounds like what may happen.

When it does it could cost them much more

than

the $125K fine depending on how far they

want to take the fight up the legal

ladder. This would be the case to watch.

=A0--

_
For a large company yeah you're right. But

then again if one of the executives ends up in

jail, which they can, then taking the radios off

the shelf would have looked like the smart

thing to do and then just shrug it off.

But you MUST consider the probability factor. What you propose is
deviation from the norm concerning the FCC. You have a better chance of
hitting the lotto. Not going to happen. You are discounting the monetary
factor, here. I believe you are missing the monetary picture here of why
the huge companies stay in business year after year when only the
littles ones are closed and put out of business.

Lately the government likes throwing white

collar company executives in jail for wrong

doing.

Cite a single case involving the FCC tossing a white collar exec in jail
for a similar charge.

After all just how much money are they going

to realistically loose anyway from dumping the
questionable radios from their sales line up?

Nothing, 'cause the radios aren't being dumped.

Not much is my guess. If the FCC chooses to

play hard-ball I expect they will just do what

the FCC told them to do, and not waste any

more time or money on something that won't

materially affect their bottom line.

Your position is based upon suppositions, the "if" factor, and the
assumption the FCC is changing the manner in whcih they operate, as
opposed to reality,,..business-as-usual within the FCC and minimal
enforcement. In fact, Riley has written the FCC considers many of these
complainants a pain-in-the-ass..he didn't come out and say those exact
words, but DID say these type hammies (Oxendine) are often worse than
the offenders themselves. An incredible statement from the head
enforcement officer at the FCC.

--

Leland C. Scott

KC8LDO