Old November 29th 04, 03:20 PM
Twistedhed

Default BPL and 11m

From: (Leland=A0C.=A0Scott)
"Twistedhed" wrote in message
... The ONLY way to
change this is via legislation, and we all know the angry hammie who is
pre-occupied with such nonsense is merely reactive, not proactive.

As silly as it is it just so happens that its the

"angry hammie", a.k.a. the ARRL, that is going
to save the CBer's behind.

What makes you mistakenly associate the ARRL with ****ed off hammies?
The hammie I speak of is so engrossed in being reactive, he has no use
for proactive action. It has been explained it to him on many occasion,
yet he is unable to comprehend. It must be frustrating possessing such
an ability in tandem with a refusal to learn.

What I'm talking

about is the direction the FCC is going in

regards to the BPL issue. Whether you like it

or not BPL is going to affect everybody using

HF, irregardless if they so happen to be a

Ham or CBer.

It already has. Have you been following this issue? If you haven't been
exposed to it yet, you must be in the boondocks. In fact, Bush is the
hammie's biggest nightmare concerning this issue.

It would be much more productive if the

bandwidth on this news group wasn't wasted

You're just as guilty of this as any other. Take some initiative, man,
and try to do something constructive instead of being unproductive with
your bandwidth and merely "wasting" it complaining.

debating the same old issues, but instead

joining together in a united front to fight the

FCC, and the deep pocket corporations,

wanting to pollute the airwaves with RF trash

from the digital signals on the power lines

using BPL.

One man's junk is another man's treasure. In fact, I propose a more
harmonious answer than fighting the FCC. Several here on the suncoast
think we have figured out a manner in which to, at the least, counter
the effects of BPL to the point its effect remains absolute minimal. You
already know the answer to the BPL issue. How long it taes yourself to
accept and agree with it or not is up to you and another matter
completely.

The CBers really need some kind of national

origination to represent their interests.

No,,we don't. Our interests are so far removed from BPL that it really
doesn't affect us the manner in whcih you seem to think it may. Of
course, living in a very congested area can present problems, but then
again, it always has. Such is a reason for advancing your ticket. The
more skill one has, the more one can overcome the adversity and
obstacles presented. Of course, the ticket isn't the only manner in
whcih to attain this skill, but since you're heavily concerned with
matter, it would be a good place for you to begin.

Right

now they're getting a free ride, so to speak,

courtesy of the ARRL.

No,,courtesy of the FCC who dropped enforcement and licensure
requirement of the band.

Anything that benefits the Ham community in

regards to stopping BPL also benefits CBers

as well since your band, 11m, is right there

next to the 10m Ham band. Both bands would

be heavily affect by BPL noise.

We're experienced it. This area, along with and especially Orlando, is
very high on the list of companies testing new technology before mass
producing it and before it is available to the rest of the country. It
as an issue, but the sky is not falling and it is unlikely that it will
in our lifetime.

Just something for you to think about while

you're ready to pound away at your keyboard

in response.

It's a non-issue. We were dealing with the issue a few years ago,
pulling fox hunts attempting to DF the offending signal long before we
knew what the hell was taking place. What is going through your mind
concerning this issue was already thought upon here a few years ago.

--

Leland C. Scott

KC8LDO

Wireless Network

Mobile computing

on the go brought

to you by Micro$oft

=A0

Old November 29th 04, 04:40 PM
Craig Petersen

BPL BANDS:

1.705-2.850 MHz
3.025-3.400 MHz
3.500-4.650 MHz
4.700-5.450 MHz
5.680-6.525 MHz
6.685-8.815 MHz
8.965-10.005 MHz
10.100-11.275 MHz
11.400-13.260 MHz
13.360-17.900 MHz
17.920-21.924 MHz
22.000-74.800 MHz
75.200-80.000 MHz

To be used for educational purposes only...

Old November 29th 04, 06:59 PM
Chad Wahls

"Craig Petersen" wrote in message
BPL BANDS:

1.705-2.850 MHz
3.025-3.400 MHz
3.500-4.650 MHz
4.700-5.450 MHz
5.680-6.525 MHz
6.685-8.815 MHz
8.965-10.005 MHz
10.100-11.275 MHz
11.400-13.260 MHz
13.360-17.900 MHz
17.920-21.924 MHz
22.000-74.800 MHz ------- Hmmmmm
75.200-80.000 MHz

To be used for educational purposes only...

Someone wanna tell me what will happen when the superbowl rolls? Is some
clown in a mobile with 10K watts gonna bring down the whole works.
Interference goes both ways you know!!!

Will BPL get TVI complaints???

Chad

Old November 29th 04, 11:49 PM
Steveo

Craig Petersen wrote:
BPL BANDS:

1.705-2.850 MHz
3.025-3.400 MHz
3.500-4.650 MHz
4.700-5.450 MHz
5.680-6.525 MHz
6.685-8.815 MHz
8.965-10.005 MHz
10.100-11.275 MHz
11.400-13.260 MHz
13.360-17.900 MHz
17.920-21.924 MHz
22.000-74.800 MHz
75.200-80.000 MHz

To be used for educational purposes only...

Can you list second and third harmonics please?
Old November 29th 04, 11:56 PM
Steveo

"Chad Wahls" wrote:
"Craig Petersen" wrote in message
BPL BANDS:

1.705-2.850 MHz
3.025-3.400 MHz
3.500-4.650 MHz
4.700-5.450 MHz
5.680-6.525 MHz
6.685-8.815 MHz
8.965-10.005 MHz
10.100-11.275 MHz
11.400-13.260 MHz
13.360-17.900 MHz
17.920-21.924 MHz
22.000-74.800 MHz ------- Hmmmmm
75.200-80.000 MHz

To be used for educational purposes only...

Someone wanna tell me what will happen when the superbowl rolls? Is some
clown in a mobile with 10K watts gonna bring down the whole works.
Interference goes both ways you know!!!

Will BPL get TVI complaints???

Chad

BPL is doomed around big power. If it ****s with my ears, I'll flat side
it with everything I got. Hell I'll load my horizontal long wire, ever
so slightly mis-tuned if need be. I'm sure I won't be alone in welcoming
those ****sticks to the neighborhood.

Old November 30th 04, 07:34 AM
Psychiatrist to keyclowns

Steveo wrote in message ...
Craig Petersen wrote:
BPL BANDS:

1.705-2.850 MHz
3.025-3.400 MHz
3.500-4.650 MHz
4.700-5.450 MHz
5.680-6.525 MHz
6.685-8.815 MHz
8.965-10.005 MHz
10.100-11.275 MHz
11.400-13.260 MHz
13.360-17.900 MHz
17.920-21.924 MHz
22.000-74.800 MHz
75.200-80.000 MHz

To be used for educational purposes only...

Can you list second and third harmonics please?

I heard from truckers that you got banned from the Girard Petro for
scraping too much and still wanting full price.