Old December 28th 04, 04:01 PM
Jeffrae

Default Firestick DS-14

http://www.firestik.com/Catalog/DS11-DS14.htm

How is this for just general CB use.. City and Interstate Drving.. Getting
Weather Reports... Traffic Reports from truck drivers.. blablabla..

Occasional transmitting....

I know it is a cell phone look-a-like, but I figure it is coming froma
reputable company. I want something small. IT must be somewhat better than
a throught the window crap.

Thanks,
Jeff P

Old December 28th 04, 06:13 PM
Jeffrae

"Jeffrae" wrote in message
http://www.firestik.com/Catalog/DS11-DS14.htm

How is this for just general CB use.. City and Interstate Drving..

Getting
Weather Reports... Traffic Reports from truck drivers.. blablabla..

Occasional transmitting....

I know it is a cell phone look-a-like, but I figure it is coming froma
reputable company. I want something small. IT must be somewhat better

than
a throught the window crap.

Thanks,
Jeff P

Plus I figure Firestick is a reputable Co.

Old December 30th 04, 11:23 PM
Professor

Well... you're right about the part that it's better than the
thru-the-window antennas... but any CB antenna shorter than about three
feet performs very poor indeed.

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com