Old January 15th 05, 12:00 AM
Vinnie S.

On 14 Jan 2005 23:55:15 GMT, Steveo wrote:

wrote:
Sure but it's going to get really ugly when you go to ham. There will
be cables everywhere, all kinds of electronic junk in the house, wires
in the trees, plus you will get a really fat stomach, BO, and start
complaining about your health on the air.

Like this:

http://n8wwm.4t.com/photo.html hehe

Who is that? That dude live pretty close to his neighbors. I only have one close
neighbor, about 100 feet away. My other neighbors are about 300 or more feet
away.

BTW moped, do you have my new email? I can email it to you.

Vinnie S.
Old January 15th 05, 12:02 AM
U Know Who

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:43:16 GMT, "U Know Who"
wrote:

You could use a ground mounted vertical. In that case, you'll be all set
with the buried coax.

I see a tree that should work well. I will take a measure to it. The
ground is
rather wet there, so I think grounding it there will be ideal.

Vinnie S.

The ground mounted vertical I was talking about would be a multi-band,
trapped vertical.

Old January 15th 05, 12:05 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 14 Jan 2005 23:55:15 GMT, Steveo

Sure but it's going to get really ugly when you go to ham. There will
be cables everywhere, all kinds of electronic junk in the house, wires
in the trees, plus you will get a really fat stomach, BO, and start
complaining about your health on the air.

Like this:

http://n8wwm.4t.com/photo.html hehe

Who is that? That dude live pretty close to his neighbors. I only have
one close neighbor, about 100 feet away. My other neighbors are about
300 or more feet away.

BTW moped, do you have my new email? I can email it to you.

Vinnie S.

I don't think I do, send it.
Old January 15th 05, 12:10 AM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:52:09 GMT, wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:29:55 GMT,
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:40:56 GMT,
wrote:
Yeah, but it's only a partial crock of ****. The rain gutters or wire or
whatever are only half the dipole so the house wiring will become
the other active half and they will radiate. He grounds his tuner to
a ground rod, but also his coax to the radio will tie him in to the
service ground of the residence.

Why would his coax tie him to the service ground?

Radio antenna connector to radio chassis ground.
Radio chassis ground to radio power plug. Radio power
plug to wall outlet. Wall outlet to service ground.

Mobile radio with a power supply. Power supply has a transformer, which isolates
it it from direct connection. The PS is an old RS unit which does not have a
ground on it's plug.

So in essence, you're wrong.

Vinnie S.

sigh. Look at a schematic sometime. The PS transformer ain't isolating
*anything* from ground, dude.

Actually, I did that before I posted, to be sure. The transformer is not
connected to ground. I will gladly take a picture and email it to you if you
want. There is no ground plug on the AC plug.

OK, since your radio is not connected to service ground, stick a fork into
one hole of your wall outlet, the hot side. Hang on and grab your radio
chassis with the other hand. Let me know how it goes.

I am not going to get into name calling with you. I will appreciate your help if
you try to help me. But if you want to belittle me, then let the others try and
help me.

I am trying to save you from wearing size 50 pants, having body odor and
complaining about your medical problems on 75 meters. Just get
a base station cb antenna, plug it in and forget it.

Old January 15th 05, 01:03 AM

This NG supplies all the evidence anyone needs, look at people like
steveo and tnom, they are keyclowns, they run out of band and
illegal power.

The only legit thing that is evident in this group is that your
postings are always based on your false assumptions.

You don't have a clue as to who I am or what I do. Your assertion
that I run out of band with illegal power is false and it only further
supports that fact that you continue to be clueless.

tnom