Old January 28th 05, 07:30 AM
Richard

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
Okay, I've been looking for a Super-Scanner for a while and can't find
one for sale. So I decided to make my own. The manual has enough info
to build a pretty close copy except for one detail: the boom length.
What should the spacing be when one dipole is the radiator and the
other two are reflectors?

And would there be any advantage to adding a little reactance
(electrical length) to a dipole when it's switched in as a reflector?

If you look around in some technical manuals, you'll need to understand the
wavelength formula to build it correctly.
There is a specific formula for determining how the elements are cut and
spaced.

If you've got a good ham shack around, go talk to them about it.
Or basically follow a 10 meter design. It's close, but it should work.

What you have is a basic yagi antenna.
http://www.signalengineering.com/ult...ment_yagi.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page for details on lengths required.

Have fun.

Old January 28th 05, 08:33 AM
SideBand

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Okay, I've been looking for a Super-Scanner for a while and can't find
one for sale. So I decided to make my own. The manual has enough info
to build a pretty close copy except for one detail: the boom length.
What should the spacing be when one dipole is the radiator and the
other two are reflectors?

And would there be any advantage to adding a little reactance
(electrical length) to a dipole when it's switched in as a reflector?

Watch out for blown caps!

-SSB

The "TRICK" to TV 'type' Coax Cable [Shielded] SWL Loop Antennas {RHF} RHF Antenna 27 November 3rd 04 01:38 PM
The "TRICK" to TV 'type' Coax Cable [Shielded] SWL Loop Antennas {RHF} RHF Shortwave 23 November 3rd 04 01:38 PM
Antenna Advice Chris Shortwave 5 September 20th 04 02:04 AM
Newbie SWL question: Antenna geometry Hidalgo Shortwave 5 June 8th 04 03:47 AM