Old February 18th 05, 03:18 PM
Dave Hall

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 05:26:14 -0500, Vinnie S.
wrote:

"You need to add an insulator between the final and the Heatsink.
Simply unscrew the final mounting screw, and you should be able to slide a mica
insulator between the final and heatsink.

Make sure to use heatsink compound on both sides of the insulator.

Now for the reason: Uniden chose not to use an insulator. The mounting tab of
the final is Power ground. (emitter)
The heatsink is Chassi Ground. Connecting the final emitter to chassi ground (at
the mounting Screw) can sometimes cause an RF Ground loop."

Anyway, I will take a look at your solution too. Thanks.

Holy crap, that might have done it. While I did not spreak the coil, it appeared
to be pushed or slanted to one side. I just straightened it out a bit. Seems to
work. Will still do alignment. I will get back to you !

Be careful if you choose to insulate the transistor from the heatsink.
Be sure to use a plastic screw (or a smaller metal screw with a
plastic washer), or you won't really be insulating it.

Dave
"Sandbagger"
Old February 18th 05, 06:01 PM
Dave Hall

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 04:51:23 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 05:26:14 -0500, Vinnie S.
wrote in :

snip
Holy crap, that might have done it. While I did not spreak the coil, it appeared
to be pushed or slanted to one side. I just straightened it out a bit. Seems to
work. Will still do alignment. I will get back to you !

That should stroke Dave's ego a little bit -- he needs it right about
now.

No need. I am confident in my abilities. My past accomplishments tell
the story. Insecurity is not one of my foibles.

Dave
"Sandbagger"
Old February 18th 05, 09:41 PM
Vinnie S.

wrote:

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 05:26:14 -0500, Vinnie S.
wrote in :

snip
Holy crap, that might have done it. While I did not spreak the coil, it appeared
to be pushed or slanted to one side. I just straightened it out a bit. Seems to
work. Will still do alignment. I will get back to you !

That should stroke Dave's ego a little bit -- he needs it right about
now.

Frank, I have nothing against you or Dave. Dave has helped me quite a lot. I
appreciate that, who ever the person is that helps me.

But I would like to point out one thing. There in an underlying feeling in this
group, that there is some sort of prize, if you know more than someone. Almost
like there is a contest to one up someone else. I just don't get it. Are people
that insecure? With a couple of killfiles, I have cleaned most of the garbage of
this group. I don't kill file you or anyone, that can be informative or helpful.
Regardless of what side of the line you fall on.

But this is a perfect example. Dave did nothing but try to solve a problem for
me, and you take a swipe at him. Maybe you know more than him, or maybe he knows
more than you. But once you leave the area of the keyboard, who the hell really
cares? Does you wife care, do you friends care? Probably not. So why is it so
important that everyone here knows?

Vinnie S.
Old February 18th 05, 09:43 PM
Vinnie S.

wrote:

[...]

That would have been the last try. I was going to bias as soon as a DMM came in
thru mailorder. But this coil think blows my mind. I still am not sold there
isn't another problem. I barely moved the thing, but Jim was right. It made
enough of a difference.

Vinnie S.
Old February 18th 05, 10:03 PM
Vinnie S.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:43:03 -0500, Vinnie S. wrote:

[...]

Spoke too soon. Problem reoccured.

Vinnie S.

Old February 18th 05, 10:04 PM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
That would have been the last try. I was going to bias as soon as a DMM
came in thru mailorder. But this coil think blows my mind. I still am not
sold there isn't another problem. I barely moved the thing, but Jim was
right. It made enough of a difference.

Vinnie S.

What the hell will you do with a DMM now?

--
http://NewsReader.Com 30 GB/Month
Old February 18th 05, 10:36 PM
Vinnie S.

On 18 Feb 2005 22:04:47 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Vinnie S. wrote:
That would have been the last try. I was going to bias as soon as a DMM
came in thru mailorder. But this coil think blows my mind. I still am not
sold there isn't another problem. I barely moved the thing, but Jim was
right. It made enough of a difference.

Vinnie S.

What the hell will you do with a DMM now?

Don't matter. I still need it. Mostly for current. My company DMM doesn't
measure current. But it appears everyone is right in some sense. I have narrowed
it down to the back area, by moving and removing the cover.

Vinnie S.
Old February 18th 05, 11:05 PM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
Frank, I have nothing against you or Dave. Dave has helped me quite a
lot. I appreciate that, who ever the person is that helps me.

But I would like to point out one thing. There in an underlying feeling
in this group, that there is some sort of prize, if you know more than
someone.

Get some rifle scope pics of him, Frank. I'll pay. j/k

--
http://NewsReader.Com 30 GB/Month
Old February 18th 05, 11:23 PM
Vinnie S.

On 18 Feb 2005 23:05:46 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Vinnie S. wrote:
Frank, I have nothing against you or Dave. Dave has helped me quite a
lot. I appreciate that, who ever the person is that helps me.

But I would like to point out one thing. There in an underlying feeling
in this group, that there is some sort of prize, if you know more than
someone.

Get some rifle scope pics of him, Frank. I'll pay. j/k

Is he a better shot?

Vinnie S.
Old February 18th 05, 11:27 PM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
Frank, I have nothing against you or Dave. Dave has helped me quite a
lot. I appreciate that, who ever the person is that helps me.

But I would like to point out one thing. There in an underlying
feeling in this group, that there is some sort of prize, if you know
more than someone.

Get some rifle scope pics of him, Frank. I'll pay. j/k

Is he a better shot?

It's sorta an inside joke that some here will recognize. I like
cement shoes better..maybe you can hook me up.

--
http://NewsReader.Com 30 GB/Month

Choke Balun Impedance Recommendations? MikeN Antenna 0 January 27th 05 03:04 AM
Tx Source Impedance & Load Reflections Richard Fry Antenna 8 May 28th 04 06:29 PM
impedance mismatch? Brian Shortwave 8 January 22nd 04 01:23 AM
A Subtle Detail of Reflection Coefficients (but important to know) Dr. Slick Antenna 199 September 12th 03 10:06 PM
Reflection Coefficient Smoke Clears a Bit Dr. Slick Antenna 126 September 10th 03 04:26 PM