Old February 24th 05, 02:57 PM
Dave Hall

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 06:15:26 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:01:22 -0500, Dave Hall
wrote in :

snipapalooza
I also use statistics and probability.

So do I, but not when facts and logic best define the truth. And
unlike you, I -don't- use stats or probability to disuade -against-
facts and logic.

The logical process is beyond reproach. You cannot argue with a
logical conclusion based on a solid set of premises. But what I
question, and use other methods to validate, are the likelihood that
those premises are faulty.

Gee, that sounds familiar.....

It should.

brev-ka-bob
Was this not explained to you when you were a
child?

No. The only people held to higher standards are those who are in the
public eye, are paid to perform a service which requires a higher
standard, or those who are recognized as leaders in one vocation or
another. I fall into none of those categories.

You sell yourself short, Dave. You set the expectations of yourself
too low. What a waste.

Nah. I'm just realistic.

schnipe
I provide you with mental challenges, which are
evidently missing from your off-line life.

Back at you.

Ok, so those challenges are missing from your on-line life, too.

Not as long as you're around.... ;-)

There's no shame in
admitting that life is really friggin boring when you're smart. You
just have to get past the overcompensated ego thing and you'll be all
set for some -real- challenges!

So we finally get a glimpse into the real world of Frank Gilliland.
Hey, there's no shame in admitting boredom. I'm glad that I can help
you pass your time, until a another job which challenges you, comes
your way. I hope it happens soon.

I never run short of challenges, Dave. If one doesn't present itself
then I'll go looking for a challenge. But at least I don't fool myself
into believing that such challenges are nothing but 'recreation'.

Some people play crossword puzzles. Some play chess. Some build
projects. Some take a course in a local college for the fun of it.
They are all challenges in their own right. But they are also
recreational.

Some people's idea of recreation is to totally unplug and turn off
their mind. Others just change the venue of their challenges.

But projection is one of the most
easy to spot psych issues.

And you are the expert on that subject, Dave.

I'm no expert, but I can spot most maladies.

Dave
"Sandbagger"

Choke Balun Impedance Recommendations? MikeN Antenna 0 January 27th 05 03:04 AM
Tx Source Impedance & Load Reflections Richard Fry Antenna 8 May 28th 04 06:29 PM
impedance mismatch? Brian Shortwave 8 January 22nd 04 01:23 AM
A Subtle Detail of Reflection Coefficients (but important to know) Dr. Slick Antenna 199 September 12th 03 10:06 PM
Reflection Coefficient Smoke Clears a Bit Dr. Slick Antenna 126 September 10th 03 04:26 PM