Old April 5th 05, 09:02 PM

Any time you add radials, especially the drooping type it will add a
slight amount of gain. The added gain is most likely only a fraction
of what the radial manufacturer will quote. The gain would be in the
order of 1db. Hardly worth the cost and extra wind load.
Old April 5th 05, 09:46 PM
Vinnie S.

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:01:19 GMT, Lancer wrote:

Didn't you mean holds their hand while they "think" about installing
an antenna?

I haven't installed it mostly because I haven't received an Alpha Delta dipole,
which is on backorder, which I plan to hang at the same time. And since there is
trench digging involved, there is no reason to dig 2 trenches, days or weeks
apart. That and getting help to run and get tools or such, and putting them in a
rope and bucket, so I don't have to climb down. Better to knock off 2 birds with
one stone.

Vinnie S.

So you don't have any antennas up yet? Put yourself up a dipole,
longwire. It sounds like you have quite a bit of room, why not put up
several antennas? Don't limit yourself to one "well thought out"
antenna. At least you will have the fun and learning experience of
building antennas. And then you will have an antenna to compare any
new antennas to.

I only have the desire to put up these 2. The Imax for CB and 10 meter, so I can
talk to the locals, and the Alpha Delta for everything else. I have no interest
in a beam. I have no interest in running 1,000 watts on my ham radio. I am
somewhat interested in the "QRP" low power DX. I simply want to satify the same
couriousity I had as a kid, that I have not done so in about 21 years. That is
it. It is not that complicated. I had not picked up a CB, or a communications
book, or antenna book, in over 21 years. This is why I am asking these
questions. But apparently, this is some sort of crime, that needs criticizing
and name calling.

Vinnie S.
Old April 5th 05, 10:26 PM
Frank Gilliland

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:41:07 -0400, Vinnie S.
wrote in :

snip
Should I return it?

Probably. If you want a decent antenna that you can use for both CB
-and- ham you should check out that link for the $4 cheapie (that I
provided in a post without insult). It will probably cost -you- about
$20 more because it requires a tuner which you probably don't have.
The idea is to just throw a couple wires in the trees and load them up
with the tuner -- that's it. It works better than any Imax or Antron,
it can be used for whatever power and spectrum is handled by the tuner
(usually 2-30 MHz), you can change the antenna at any time, you don't
have to worry about SWR, it's cheap, and it's so easy even a Geico
customer can do it.

Now.... are you going to take some sound technical advice? Or would
you rather keep up with the crybaby routine?

Old April 5th 05, 10:33 PM
Steveo

iamnotgeorge wrote:
Vinnie S. wrote in
news
I haven't installed it mostly because I haven't received an Alpha
Delta dipole, which is on backorder, which I plan to hang at the same
time. And since there is trench digging involved, there is no reason
to dig 2 trenches, days or weeks apart. That and getting help to run
and get tools or such, and putting them in a rope and bucket, so I
don't have to climb down. Better to knock off 2 birds with one stone.

Vinnie S.

I will provide pictures of Ninnies antenna farm, just like steveo does of
Leland and doug's.

Try as hard as you can to be me, but you are still chrissy the sissy busch.

Old April 5th 05, 11:34 PM
Vinnie S.

On 05 Apr 2005 21:33:44 GMT, Steveo wrote:

iamnotgeorge wrote:
Vinnie S. wrote in
news
I haven't installed it mostly because I haven't received an Alpha
Delta dipole, which is on backorder, which I plan to hang at the same
time. And since there is trench digging involved, there is no reason
to dig 2 trenches, days or weeks apart. That and getting help to run
and get tools or such, and putting them in a rope and bucket, so I
don't have to climb down. Better to knock off 2 birds with one stone.

Vinnie S.

I will provide pictures of Ninnies antenna farm, just like steveo does of
Leland and doug's.

Try as hard as you can to be me, but you are still chrissy the sissy busch.

That ****er would come within 20 miles of my self. He steps foot on my property,
and he is fair game !

Vinnie S.
Old April 6th 05, 12:05 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 05 Apr 2005 21:33:44 GMT, Steveo wrote:

iamnotgeorge wrote:
Vinnie S. wrote in
news
I haven't installed it mostly because I haven't received an Alpha
Delta dipole, which is on backorder, which I plan to hang at the
same time. And since there is trench digging involved, there is no
reason to dig 2 trenches, days or weeks apart. That and getting help
to run and get tools or such, and putting them in a rope and bucket,
so I don't have to climb down. Better to knock off 2 birds with one
stone.

Vinnie S.

I will provide pictures of Ninnies antenna farm, just like steveo does
of Leland and doug's.

Try as hard as you can to be me, but you are still chrissy the sissy
busch.

That ****er would come within 20 miles of my self. He steps foot on my
property, and he is fair game !

Vinnie S.

Forget about it. He's yella!
Old April 6th 05, 06:26 AM
Jeff Mayner

Vinnie S wrote:
Vinnie S. wrote in
:

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 21:39:20 -0400, jim
wrote:

http://www.bencher.com/pdf_download.html

Scroll down to "Tech Notes" at the bottom.

He don't like you Frank, your in his Killfile. He won't see your
message unless he is like Landshark and has a imaginary kill file.

It's clear that Vinnie avoids both confrontation and education. But
I didn't post the link for his benefit. I posted it because others
might have the same or similar questions -- people who want to
actually learn something so they don't need someone to hold their
hand while installing an antenna.

that was a smack at him frank. his posts concerning his newfound
amateur status was actually what this board is all about. Never mind
its about an amatuer question but rather radio in general. He
doesn't like you and the above post butresses his point. You are
sounding like Eitner who is acidic also.

His post got piggy backed. What can I say about him. I could give two
****s about him. I have clearly moved him though. He can't avoid me.

As far as education, Frank's parents clearly educated him in manner.
o, I will not use his advice, because his education is the type that
is of no use.

Vinnie S.

Hey Vinnie, if you kill file someone it means you don't read the
thread they wrote or any piggy back posts otherwise they arent
killfiled and you look like a big dick like Landshark does.

Using someone else's name and you call him a big dick?

lol...

Pathetic. I'll bet you go to google and re-read all your stupid little
posts, don't you? Here's an idea: just google "asshole cocksucker" and I'll
bet you'll see all your posts.

Jeff

Jeff

Old April 6th 05, 06:28 AM
Jeff Mayner

Dave Hall wrote:
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 08:43:41 -0500, "Chad Wahls"
wrote:

The Imax is actually longer than 5/8 wave. Like .64 wave.

Not to be a smart ass or anything, but if you convert .64 into its
fractional equivalent, what do you get?

:-)

Jeff

Dave