Old April 4th 05, 10:53 PM
Vinnie S.

Default Imax ground plane question

OK, I purchased the Imax-2000 which is a 5/8 wave antenna. There are 2 options
for a ground plane kit:

1. First is a four fiberglass 6 foot radials, angled down (appears 45 degrees),
as seen he

http://www.durhamradio.com/s/custome...at=1684&page=1

2. This is another kit. It has four aluminum 7 foot radials. This is horizontal,
and not angeled, as seen he

http://www.majestic-comm.com/product...rsupply/Boomer

Which one would be better?

Vinnie S.
Old April 5th 05, 12:10 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:53:15 -0400, Vinnie the Helpless Ham
wrote:

snip
Which one would be better?

http://www.bencher.com/pdf_download.html

Scroll down to "Tech Notes" at the bottom.

Old April 5th 05, 02:21 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:20:17 -0500, landsharkdeepthroatsmen
wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote in
:

wrote:

snip
Which one would be better?

http://www.bencher.com/pdf_download.html

Scroll down to "Tech Notes" at the bottom.

He don't like you Frank, your in his Killfile. He won't see your message
unless he is like Landshark and has a imaginary kill file.

It's clear that Vinnie avoids both confrontation and education. But I
didn't post the link for his benefit. I posted it because others might
have the same or similar questions -- people who want to actually
learn something so they don't need someone to hold their hand while
installing an antenna.

Old April 5th 05, 02:39 AM
jim

Frank Gilliland wrote:

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:20:17 -0500, landsharkdeepthroatsmen
wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote in
m:

wrote:

snip

Which one would be better?

http://www.bencher.com/pdf_download.html

Scroll down to "Tech Notes" at the bottom.

He don't like you Frank, your in his Killfile. He won't see your message
unless he is like Landshark and has a imaginary kill file.

It's clear that Vinnie avoids both confrontation and education. But I
didn't post the link for his benefit. I posted it because others might
have the same or similar questions -- people who want to actually
learn something so they don't need someone to hold their hand while
installing an antenna.

that was a smack at him frank. his posts concerning his newfound amateur
status was actually what this board is all about. Never mind its about
an amatuer question but rather radio in general. He doesn't like you and
the above post butresses his point. You are sounding like Eitner who is
acidic also.
Old April 5th 05, 04:20 AM
Landshark

wrote:

snip
Which one would be better?

http://www.bencher.com/pdf_download.html

Scroll down to "Tech Notes" at the bottom.

Not a bad page, Thanks!

Landshark

--
Treat people as if they were what
they ought to be and you will help

Old April 5th 05, 04:27 AM
Landshark

news

wrote:

snip
Which one would be better?

http://www.bencher.com/pdf_download.html

Scroll down to "Tech Notes" at the bottom.

He don't like you Frank, your in his Killfile. He won't see your message
unless he is like Landshark and has a imaginary kill file.

It's clear that Vinnie avoids both confrontation and education. But I
didn't post the link for his benefit. I posted it because others might
have the same or similar questions -- people who want to actually
learn something so they don't need someone to hold their hand while
installing an antenna.

Vinnie's not a bad guy Frank, you two should talk more
radio, you'll probably find a lot more in common. Now Geo
I see is still obsessed with me and male sex........pretty sad.

Old April 5th 05, 04:51 AM
Jeff Mayner

Vinnie S. wrote:
OK, I purchased the Imax-2000 which is a 5/8 wave antenna. There are
2 options for a ground plane kit:

1. First is a four fiberglass 6 foot radials, angled down (appears 45
degrees), as seen he

http://www.durhamradio.com/s/custome...at=1684&page=1

2. This is another kit. It has four aluminum 7 foot radials. This is
horizontal, and not angeled, as seen he

http://www.majestic-comm.com/product...rsupply/Boomer

Which one would be better?

Personally, I would use neither.

Jeff

Vinnie S.

Old April 5th 05, 04:52 AM
Jeff Mayner

wrote:

snip
Which one would be better?

http://www.bencher.com/pdf_download.html

Scroll down to "Tech Notes" at the bottom.

He don't like you Frank, your in his Killfile. He won't see your
message unless he is like Landshark and has a imaginary kill file.

He'll see it now ya dork.

Damn, you _are_ a putz.

Jeff

Old April 5th 05, 04:54 AM
Jeff Mayner

wrote:

snip
Which one would be better?

http://www.bencher.com/pdf_download.html

Scroll down to "Tech Notes" at the bottom.

He don't like you Frank, your in his Killfile. He won't see your
message unless he is like Landshark and has a imaginary kill file.

It's clear that Vinnie avoids both confrontation and education. But I
didn't post the link for his benefit. I posted it because others
might have the same or similar questions -- people who want to
actually learn something so they don't need someone to hold their
hand while installing an antenna.

Vinnie's not a bad guy Frank, you two should talk more
radio, you'll probably find a lot more in common. Now Geo
I see is still obsessed with me and male sex........pretty sad.

I'm trying to take the heat off you but his attention span doesn't seem to
be too long. I'll step it up. ;-)

Jeff

Old April 5th 05, 12:47 PM
Dave Hall

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:53:15 -0400, Vinnie S.
wrote:

OK, I purchased the Imax-2000 which is a 5/8 wave antenna. There are 2 options
for a ground plane kit:

1. First is a four fiberglass 6 foot radials, angled down (appears 45 degrees),
as seen he

http://www.durhamradio.com/s/custome...at=1684&page=1

2. This is another kit. It has four aluminum 7 foot radials. This is horizontal,
and not angeled, as seen he

http://www.majestic-comm.com/product...rsupply/Boomer

Which one would be better?

You should give Frank's suggestion a look as it does contain a lot of
information on antennas.

But to answer your question, your particular type of antenna, like the
A-99, is designed to decouple with no radials. Adding radials to this
type of antenna does very little to improve performance. It's more
about marketing hype than actual performance improvement.

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj