Old April 6th 05, 10:45 PM
Andrew

Default EM27 Spares

Does anyone know a low cost source (other than ebay) for any EM27 spares
(new or used) or any generic cb equipment? Trying to help kit out a local
charity with my old EM27 rig but it needs a bit of attention to get it into
a usable condition since I am missing everything bar the rig and mic. Would
really like to source another EM27 as well (not much use to them just having
the one) and a couple of aerials too but since i'm footing the bill myself
I'm looking to do it at the lowest possible cost.

Many thanks

--
Andrew

Old April 7th 05, 12:23 AM
Fred

In article ,
says...
Does anyone know a low cost source (other than ebay) for any EM27 spares
(new or used) or any generic cb equipment? Trying to help kit out a local
charity with my old EM27 rig but it needs a bit of attention to get it into
a usable condition since I am missing everything bar the rig and mic. Would
really like to source another EM27 as well (not much use to them just having
the one) and a couple of aerials too but since i'm footing the bill myself
I'm looking to do it at the lowest possible cost.

Many thanks

Don't know much bout cb retailers to be honest, been a few years since I
first started up. What part of the country are you? I take it you are UK
since you are posting in uk.rec.radio.cb.

I might be able to help you and your charity out a bit though. Got a
small box of assorted bits and bobs left over from my CB'ing days that's
been lying around the house gathering dust for some time. Been meaning
to do something with it for a while. Anyhow, you're more than welcome to
anything from there if it is of any use to you - email me (see sig) and
I'll send you a quick list of it all and if you want any of it I'll drop
it in the post.

Best of luck with it all, I hope you get some support from a few others
too. CB could do with a few youngsters to keep it alive - if my old
things can help prolong the life of the CB you're more than welcome to
them.

--
Fred

fred dot dinham at hotmail dot com

Old April 9th 05, 07:21 PM
Andrew

"Fred" wrote in message

Don't know much bout cb retailers to be honest, been a few years since I
first started up. What part of the country are you? I take it you are UK
since you are posting in uk.rec.radio.cb.

Gloucestershire

I might be able to help you and your charity out a bit though. Got a
small box of assorted bits and bobs left over from my CB'ing days that's
been lying around the house gathering dust for some time. Been meaning
to do something with it for a while. Anyhow, you're more than welcome to
anything from there if it is of any use to you - email me (see sig) and
I'll send you a quick list of it all and if you want any of it I'll drop
it in the post.

Wow, thanks that's very kind of you! Will drop you an email in a mo...

Best of luck with it all, I hope you get some support from a few others
too. CB could do with a few youngsters to keep it alive - if my old
things can help prolong the life of the CB you're more than welcome to
them.

Thanks once again. Yeah, it would be nice to try and keep CB going with the
next generation - if there are any retiring CB'ers who's kit has been
mothballed and resided to the loft I'd be happy to try and make full use of
it.