RadioBanter

-   -   Cb Radio problems (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/69278-cb-radio-problems.html)

T.B. Parks April 19th 05 08:29 PM

Cb Radio problems

My neighbor installed a CB radio antenna and now I am picking up his
conversations via my computer speakers and answering machine. This has
gotten to be a really big problem for me and my family. It even
interferes with our fire radios.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it. (Short of
going over and cutting the wires!?)

Thanks in advance,

Jade

John Smith April 19th 05 09:54 PM

Drop a .001 capacitor across the two wire of the phone line (red and green)
at each jack, this should eliminate the rf on the phone, maybe cure the
computer speakers (if the rf is comming through the phone jack to the
modem.)
What is a "fire radio" ?????

Regards,
John

oups.com...

Jade April 19th 05 11:01 PM

John Smith submitted this idea :
What is a "fire radio" ?????

Sorry about that. :D DH is a Vol. Fireman. and the radio is what they
use.

Jade

--
This is an automatic signature of MesNews.
Site : http://www.mesnews.net

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0516-2, 04/19/2005
Tested on: 4/19/2005 6:01:54 PM

[email protected] April 20th 05 03:25 PM

It is the responsibilty of the CB'er to get rid of the interference,
especially interference (if it is a) on a commercial "fire" radio.
Sounds to me that the CB'er does not have proper grounding or his
antenna is too low.

John April 20th 05 11:24 PM

What the hell does grounding have to do with interference, Antenna to low?
hell put it up 300 feet high this should help.
I bet he is using POWER, dam CBer.
Better yet get yourself a CB and put up a antenna , I bet he gives up as his
receiver will be overloaded with your radio. Fight fire with fire as you
know.

ups.com...

[email protected] April 21st 05 12:17 AM

On 20 Apr 2005 07:25:46 -0700, wrote:

It is the responsibilty of the CB'er to get rid of the interference,
especially interference (if it is a) on a commercial "fire" radio.
Sounds to me that the CB'er does not have proper grounding or his
antenna is too low.

Transmitters of any type can create interference. It is not the
responsibility of the CB'er to get rid of the interference as long
as he is being legal.

Steveo April 21st 05 12:03 PM

"T.B. Parks" wrote:
My neighbor installed a CB radio antenna and now I am picking up his
conversations via my computer speakers and answering machine. This has
gotten to be a really big problem for me and my family. It even
interferes with our fire radios.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it. (Short of
going over and cutting the wires!?)

Thanks in advance,

Jade

Have you made him aware there is a problem? Maybe he would work with
you to rectify it.

Frank Gilliland April 21st 05 12:49 PM

On 19 Apr 2005 12:29:01 -0700, "T.B. Parks"
wrote in .com:

My neighbor installed a CB radio antenna and now I am picking up his
conversations via my computer speakers and answering machine. This has
gotten to be a really big problem for me and my family. It even
interferes with our fire radios.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it. (Short of
going over and cutting the wires!?)

Thanks in advance,

Jade

First, communicate with your neighbor about the problem. If he refuses
to fix the problem, file a complaint (in conjuction with your FD) with
the FCC (www.fcc.gov) since he is interfering with an emergency radio
communication service. If all else fails, talk to an attorney about
the neighbor and local laws regarding nuisances.

Jade April 21st 05 02:14 PM

It happens that formulated :
as he is being legal.

Dh talked to the guy last night and wouldn't you know it . He is not
using legal equipment! Some people!!

Needless to say for the pass 2 nights we have had no problems what so
ever. I have made recodings of him conversatosn as they come over our
speakers just in case we need it to prove us case. Dh said he was
none to happy about finding out we could hear every thing (and I do
mean everything) he has said. ^^

Jade

--
This is an automatic signature of MesNews.
Site :
http://www.mesnews.net

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0516-6, 04/20/2005
Tested on: 4/21/2005 9:14:05 AM

Kevin, WB5RUE April 21st 05 05:28 PM

wrote in message
On 20 Apr 2005 07:25:46 -0700, wrote:

It is the responsibilty of the CB'er to get rid of the interference,
especially interference (if it is a) on a commercial "fire" radio.
Sounds to me that the CB'er does not have proper grounding or his
antenna is too low.

Transmitters of any type can create interference. It is not the
responsibility of the CB'er to get rid of the interference as long
as he is being legal.

If you are interfering with emergency equipment it's ALWAYS your
responsibility to fix it. Even if it means stopping your transmitting
altogether. Emergency equipment ALWAYS takes precedence.

Kevin, WB5RUE