Old April 27th 05, 07:44 PM

Default antenna engineer

CalAmp is a leading provider of comprehensive breakthrough
communications access and content delivery solutions, services, and
products.

We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Antenna Engineer in
Oxnard, CA.

The ideal candidate will possess a wide range of antenna engineering
capabilities ranging from high-level research and development to full
product development. The successful candidate must be able to create
innovative solutions for ultra high volume and ultra low cost products,
as well as have an open mind for new fields and designs. This person
will work with minimal guidance and support

Essential Qualifications:

=B7 Design of millimeter wave (Ku, K, Ka) antennas and components such
as horn antennas (corrugated and non), reflector antennas, patch
antennas (microstrip), OMT's, polarizers, waveguide hybrids and
couplers.
=B7 Intimate knowledge of simulation tools, such as HFSS, TICRA, and
ensemble.
=B7 Hands on capability of building, testing and fine tuning antennas
during prototype and early production stages.
=B7 Must be proficient in measuring techniques such as Far-Field, near
field ranges, using lab test equipment such as spectrum and network
analyzers.
=B7 Experience in interacting with mechanical engineers, technicians,
and production personnel during the full product life cycle.

Frequency Range Experience:

=B7 Ku band
=B7 K Band
=B7 K (10-15GHz, 17-26.5GHz, 30GHz)
=B7 L band (1.5GHz)
=B7 2.4GHz
=B7 5.8GHz

Please submit your resume to
Please use reference code: 25000633 - ANTENG in the subject line.

Equal employment opportunity is basic to our hiring and employment
philosophy. Our company believes work results are what count,
regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, or
disability. The company seeks to give all qualified veterans of
military service full consideration for employment.

Old April 28th 05, 05:15 AM
John

I would apply but its too far to move, I hate Texas.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

· Ku band
· K Band
· K (10-15GHz, 17-26.5GHz, 30GHz)
· L band (1.5GHz)
· 2.4GHz

Old April 29th 05, 02:16 AM
jim

John wrote:
I would apply but its too far to move, I hate Texas.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

They wouldn't have you as an employee anyhoo considering you cant read
the post saying the job is in Oxnard Ca and relating it to be in Texas.
Old April 29th 05, 03:12 AM
Landshark

"jim" wrote in message
John wrote:
I would apply but its too far to move, I hate Texas.

They wouldn't have you as an employee anyhoo considering you cant read the
post saying the job is in Oxnard Ca and relating it to be in Texas.

LOL!!!, you noticed that too.

Landshark

--
Treat people as if they were what
they ought to be and you will help

Old April 29th 05, 07:37 AM
Jeff Mayner

jim wrote:
John wrote:
I would apply but its too far to move, I hate Texas.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Well hell. I wonder what they would say if I showed up? Oxnard is about 10
minutes away.

"Yeah, man. I saw your **** on Usenet! I'm here to apply." ;-)

Jeff

Old April 29th 05, 12:23 PM
Steveo

jim wrote:
They wouldn't have you as an employee anyhoo considering you cant read

the post saying the job is in Oxnard Ca and relating it to be in Texas.

Mere details.
Old April 29th 05, 01:08 PM
Lancer

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:16:39 -0400, jim
wrote:

John wrote:
I would apply but its too far to move, I hate Texas.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Nah, I think he meant he is Texas and doesn't like it, but California
is to far to move too..

Old April 30th 05, 03:34 PM
Landshark

wrote:

John wrote:
I would apply but its too far to move, I hate Texas.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Nope, he's in Cali.

"Hmmm, actually, that "freeband antenna" is operating on under my ham
license
on 10 meters... The bandwidth of that ant is too narrow for freeband
work...
I use a beacon on Mt. Diablo in the San Joaquin Valley as a signal source
for ant testing... it operates 24/7 on Channel 14 on CB... sends the call
"AOH" @ 7 WPM repetitively...
You need to follow the conversations closer... perhaps you do need me to
bottom post...

Regards,
John "

http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=517

"Exactly... Up in the Sierra Mountain foothills there is one
ham/freebander/CB'er living in a remote location.
His 160M ant looks like a giant spider made out of heliarced aluminum
irrigation tubing...
Among his equipment is one 50,000 watt Collins transmitter... it is simply
awesome in operation...

Regards,
John "

Landshark