Old April 29th 05, 12:49 AM
Steveo

Default Ping Lancer

Hey Lance, do you have any experience with tri-band HT's?

The Yaesu VX-5R specifically?
Old April 29th 05, 01:09 PM
Lancer

On 28 Apr 2005 23:49:35 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Hey Lance, do you have any experience with tri-band HT's?

The Yaesu VX-5R specifically?

Nice radio, I don't have one, but have had a chance to play with them.

Have you seen one? They are really small for the features they have..

Should work for a Nascar receiver?
Old April 29th 05, 01:16 PM
Steveo

Lancer wrote:
On 28 Apr 2005 23:49:35 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Hey Lance, do you have any experience with tri-band HT's?

The Yaesu VX-5R specifically?

Nice radio, I don't have one, but have had a chance to play with them.

Have you seen one? They are really small for the features they have..

Should work for a Nascar receiver?

I have this customer that wants to trade an almost brand new one for
the last $100 of a seed job I'm going to do for him. He bought it for
his son as a Christmas present but the kid doesn't want it. It looks
brand new and comes with the box and manual so I'm trying to decide
if I want it or not. You're right about the size..tiny radio.

It seems to get mostly good reviews in the net from what I've seen.
Old April 29th 05, 01:35 PM
Lancer

On 29 Apr 2005 12:16:59 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Lancer wrote:
On 28 Apr 2005 23:49:35 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Hey Lance, do you have any experience with tri-band HT's?

The Yaesu VX-5R specifically?

Nice radio, I don't have one, but have had a chance to play with them.

Have you seen one? They are really small for the features they have..

Should work for a Nascar receiver?

I have this customer that wants to trade an almost brand new one for
the last $100 of a seed job I'm going to do for him. He bought it for
his son as a Christmas present but the kid doesn't want it. It looks
brand new and comes with the box and manual so I'm trying to decide
if I want it or not. You're right about the size..tiny radio.

It seems to get mostly good reviews in the net from what I've seen.

I'd pay $100.00 for one, seems like a good deal.. When they show up
on E-bay they always run more than $100.00
Old April 29th 05, 01:44 PM
Steveo

Lancer wrote:
On 28 Apr 2005 23:49:35 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Hey Lance, do you have any experience with tri-band HT's?

The Yaesu VX-5R specifically?

Nice radio, I don't have one, but have had a chance to play with them.

Have you seen one? They are really small for the features they have..

Should work for a Nascar receiver?

I have this customer that wants to trade an almost brand new one for
the last $100 of a seed job I'm going to do for him. He bought it for
his son as a Christmas present but the kid doesn't want it. It looks
brand new and comes with the box and manual so I'm trying to decide
if I want it or not. You're right about the size..tiny radio.

It seems to get mostly good reviews in the net from what I've seen.

I'd pay $100.00 for one, seems like a good deal.. When they show up
on E-bay they always run more than $100.00

That's what I thought, thanks man.

Old April 29th 05, 01:45 PM
Lancer

Lancer wrote:
On 28 Apr 2005 23:49:35 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Hey Lance, do you have any experience with tri-band HT's?

The Yaesu VX-5R specifically?

Nice radio, I don't have one, but have had a chance to play with them.

Have you seen one? They are really small for the features they have..

Should work for a Nascar receiver?

I have this customer that wants to trade an almost brand new one for
the last $100 of a seed job I'm going to do for him. He bought it for
his son as a Christmas present but the kid doesn't want it. It looks
brand new and comes with the box and manual so I'm trying to decide
if I want it or not. You're right about the size..tiny radio.

It seems to get mostly good reviews in the net from what I've seen.

I'd pay $100.00 for one, seems like a good deal.. When they show up
on E-bay they always run more than $100.00

That's what I thought, thanks man.

Hey just think, buy that and then you could by one of Dougs piece of
crap 6 meter antennas...
Old April 30th 05, 03:54 PM
Vinnie S.

On 28 Apr 2005 23:49:35 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Hey Lance, do you have any experience with tri-band HT's?

The Yaesu VX-5R specifically?

One of my friends that got me into ham has one. He let me borrow his FT-530
since he got the VX-5R. He loves it. I am nto not in love with it because it's
too small. But he loves it.

Now, the guys who threw the ham test that I took, all said to stay away from
Yaesu. They said they are all garbage, and only ex-CBers buy that brand. When I
told that to other hams, they laughed. And since I threw myself in the fire and
know little about each brand, I just keep asking. One thing though. Those
boneheads that said Yaesu is for ex-CBers, are all affilitated with a local
Kenwood dealer, so it might just be nothing more than advertising.

Vinnie S.
Old April 30th 05, 07:48 PM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 28 Apr 2005 23:49:35 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Hey Lance, do you have any experience with tri-band HT's?

The Yaesu VX-5R specifically?

One of my friends that got me into ham has one. He let me borrow his
FT-530 since he got the VX-5R. He loves it. I am nto not in love with it
because it's too small. But he loves it.

Now, the guys who threw the ham test that I took, all said to stay away
from Yaesu. They said they are all garbage, and only ex-CBers buy that
brand. When I told that to other hams, they laughed. And since I threw
myself in the fire and know little about each brand, I just keep asking.
One thing though. Those boneheads that said Yaesu is for ex-CBers, are
all affilitated with a local Kenwood dealer, so it might just be nothing
more than advertising.

Vinnie S.

Yea it sure is a tiny rig, it would probably take some getting used to
the multi-function buttons. I'll probably take it for $100 tho.

I don't know one brand from another when it comes to those things.
Old May 1st 05, 12:02 AM
Vinnie S.

On 30 Apr 2005 18:48:31 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Vinnie S. wrote:
[...]

$100 sounds like a steal.

Vinnie S.
Old May 1st 05, 12:56 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 30 Apr 2005 18:48:31 GMT, Steveo wrote:

I don't know one brand from another when it comes to those things.

$100 sounds like a steal.

Vinnie S.

AES is getting something like $199 plus shipping and tax.

Ping Lancer Lancer CB 1 January 29th 05 12:10 PM
Good Morning Lancer Gulf Coast Tony CB 14 December 10th 04 12:51 AM
Lancer The Flamming Truckstop Prancer Happy camper CB 13 December 5th 04 11:00 PM
looking for old ping / pinger sound mrjiggs TB-2 or TB-2N module's k2000 CB 1 July 19th 04 08:17 AM
WTB: Looking for old Pinger / browning radio immitation ping k2000 CB 0 June 18th 04 06:25 AM