RadioBanter

-   -   Newbie (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/69976-newbie.html)

Yooper April 29th 05 01:14 AM

Newbie

I've just temp installed a cb in my truck and can't hear anything except for
some guy who says he's in Puerto Rico. Needless to say, I haven't had a cb
hooked up before. The only way I can hear that guy is if I turn up the
squelch. Is there a FAQ where I can get some answers or can I ask on here?

jim April 29th 05 02:56 AM

Yooper wrote:
I've just temp installed a cb in my truck and can't hear anything except for
some guy who says he's in Puerto Rico. Needless to say, I haven't had a cb
hooked up before. The only way I can hear that guy is if I turn up the
squelch. Is there a FAQ where I can get some answers or can I ask on here?

try this.

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...fq-rdio030.htm

Frank Gilliland April 29th 05 07:37 AM

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:14:14 -0500, "Yooper"
wrote in :

I've just temp installed a cb in my truck and can't hear anything except for
some guy who says he's in Puerto Rico.

Assuming you aren't in Puerto Rico, what you are hearing is probably
'skip' -- a radio signal that 'skips' off the ionosphere and back down
to your antenna.

Needless to say, I haven't had a cb
hooked up before. The only way I can hear that guy is if I turn up the
squelch. Is there a FAQ where I can get some answers or can I ask on here?

Jim linked a very good FAQ, but feel free to ask any questions to the
group. Just ignore the trolls and occasional bickering.

Yooper April 29th 05 02:03 PM

wrote in :

I've just temp installed a cb in my truck and can't hear anything except

for
some guy who says he's in Puerto Rico.

Assuming you aren't in Puerto Rico, what you are hearing is probably
'skip' -- a radio signal that 'skips' off the ionosphere and back down
to your antenna.

Needless to say, I haven't had a cb
hooked up before. The only way I can hear that guy is if I turn up the
squelch. Is there a FAQ where I can get some answers or can I ask on

here?

Jim linked a very good FAQ, but feel free to ask any questions to the
group. Just ignore the trolls and occasional bickering.

Thanks for the replies jim and Frank. Off to do some reading.