Old April 29th 05, 01:14 AM
Yooper

Default Newbie

I've just temp installed a cb in my truck and can't hear anything except for
some guy who says he's in Puerto Rico. Needless to say, I haven't had a cb
hooked up before. The only way I can hear that guy is if I turn up the
squelch. Is there a FAQ where I can get some answers or can I ask on here?

Old April 29th 05, 02:56 AM
jim

Yooper wrote:
I've just temp installed a cb in my truck and can't hear anything except for
some guy who says he's in Puerto Rico. Needless to say, I haven't had a cb
hooked up before. The only way I can hear that guy is if I turn up the
squelch. Is there a FAQ where I can get some answers or can I ask on here?

try this.

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...fq-rdio030.htm
Old April 29th 05, 07:37 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:14:14 -0500, "Yooper"
wrote in :

I've just temp installed a cb in my truck and can't hear anything except for
some guy who says he's in Puerto Rico.

Assuming you aren't in Puerto Rico, what you are hearing is probably
'skip' -- a radio signal that 'skips' off the ionosphere and back down
to your antenna.

Needless to say, I haven't had a cb
hooked up before. The only way I can hear that guy is if I turn up the
squelch. Is there a FAQ where I can get some answers or can I ask on here?

Jim linked a very good FAQ, but feel free to ask any questions to the
group. Just ignore the trolls and occasional bickering.

Old April 29th 05, 02:03 PM
Yooper

wrote in :

I've just temp installed a cb in my truck and can't hear anything except

for
some guy who says he's in Puerto Rico.

Assuming you aren't in Puerto Rico, what you are hearing is probably
'skip' -- a radio signal that 'skips' off the ionosphere and back down
to your antenna.

Needless to say, I haven't had a cb
hooked up before. The only way I can hear that guy is if I turn up the
squelch. Is there a FAQ where I can get some answers or can I ask on

here?

Jim linked a very good FAQ, but feel free to ask any questions to the
group. Just ignore the trolls and occasional bickering.

Thanks for the replies jim and Frank. Off to do some reading.

Newbie Questions On Modes, etc. (Boston location) Robert11 Scanner 0 January 6th 05 01:02 PM
Newbie Quest's: Aero & Maritime Distress/Emerg. Freq's/Modes, Please ? Robert11 Shortwave 3 March 25th 04 05:40 AM
Newbie questions from southern Utah Funky Trilobyte Shortwave 6 March 13th 04 05:25 AM
Newbie abr Homebrew 20 September 29th 03 04:07 PM
Newbie abr Homebrew 0 September 28th 03 06:46 PM