Old May 5th 05, 03:42 PM
mopathetic is scared of the AKC

We haven't run to the law at all. That's your lying lame excuse for not
telling us where you are camping, sissy.

Old May 5th 05, 03:44 PM
mopathetic is scared of the AKC

wrong, twitlips. Nobody is undergound here. It could be however, that
those jockstraps you wear on your head are blocking your vision. We
were told that they are heavily stained from you using them to act out
your fantasies, so it is likely that even the sheerest ones in your
collection would block eyesight.

Old May 6th 05, 02:43 PM
mopathetic lying and running scared of the AKC

what can I say? twitlips has admitted he collects men's jock straps...

Old May 9th 05, 10:57 PM
Scott in Baltimore

Jim Hampton wrote:
*Everyone* should have a firewall. If you aren't set up as invisible, your
machine will respond to pinging.

Your machine is vulnerable without a firewall, *especially* if you are on
broadband. Regardless, even a dial-up should have a good firewall as well
as an anti-virus program running at all times whilst on the Internet. It is
also a good idea to have an anti-spyware program as well.

I just have my cable/DSL router between my modem and PC's.

I find those programs cause more grief then they save.
Old May 11th 05, 01:24 AM
Jim Hampton

"Scott in Baltimore" wrote in message

Jim Hampton wrote:
*Everyone* should have a firewall. If you aren't set up as invisible,

your
machine will respond to pinging.

Your machine is vulnerable without a firewall, *especially* if you are

on
broadband. Regardless, even a dial-up should have a good firewall as

well
as an anti-virus program running at all times whilst on the Internet.

It is
also a good idea to have an anti-spyware program as well.

I just have my cable/DSL router between my modem and PC's.

I find those programs cause more grief then they save.

Hello, Scott

Long time no hear. You have a hardware solution (the router) and it is an
*excellent* solution of course. I was speaking in generalities, of course,
and the hardware solution is actually the preferred solution. But no
solution can leave one very vulnerable. I just sent a URL to a neighbor to
run the on-line virus scan (house call). She had a problem before when a
"tech" reformatted her hard drive and didn't put the anti-virus nor firewall
in place.

She upgraded to XP and I had to inform her she wanted to set up an account
for herself as a user and not log in as administrator and leave the computer
on 24/7 (she is on cable).

Yep, Monday evening she told me she had problems again. The last time it
took me two trips over there and I am not doing it again. If she is still
capable of accessing the Internet, she can do the on-line scan and probably
pretty much fix the thing (for a short while). Hmmmm ... wonder if she
knows about system restore? I don't know; I do know that I'm not going
through that again (at least for free LOL). Come to think of it, I don't
really want to go over there again - regardless.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Old May 27th 05, 04:18 AM
Scott in Baltimore

Long time no hear. You have a hardware solution (the router) and it is an
*excellent* solution of course. I was speaking in generalities, of course,

My EchoLink (AOL chatroom for hams) has been on at night. Give it a ring...
Old May 27th 05, 04:19 AM
Scott in Baltimore

My EchoLink (AOL chatroom for hams) has been on at night. Give it a ring...

I just added you to my alarms.