Old May 21st 05, 05:24 AM
Sparky

Default Alternatives to declining 11 meter conditions -- phunny phreekin'cies!

Simply put, Amateur Radio has become terribly boring. CB radio may
have its share of occasional light hearted moments, but the real
excitement and thrill of the magic of radio has certainly disappeared
due to various factors of which we are all most familiar.

For those of you who are searching for the excitement and thrill you
once experienced when you first discovered the mystical allure of radio
communication, there's a place where you just might find for what
you've long been searching.

Let me invite you to check out and ultimately join:

This group is specifically designed to provide bored Amateur Radio
Operators, CB'ers, Pirate Broadcasters, Commercial Radio Station
owners, engineers, on-air talent, RF Technicians, Shortwave Listeners,
Legal-Beagles, Newbies and non-techies a place where one can regain a
sense of wonder at the sheer exploration of what we like to refer to as
"Phunny Phreekin'cies". Modify your radios, put 'em on phreekin'cies
on which they were not intended to operate, and enjoy a little harmless
game of "cat & mouse". We've done and are doing the exhaustive
research as to what operating phreekin'cies are not going to cause any
disruption of official, life-dependant traffic. Our first and foremost
concern is that we do not jeopardize existing services and their
operations. Fellow bootleggers, there are TONS of phreekin'cies just
waiting to be populated by a bunch of fun-loving renegades and radio
outlaws! Remember, the 11 meter freeband is again taking it's cyclical
demise, so we have to go "where the weather suits our clothes", so to
speak.

Right now, we're playing around with 6.800 MHz LSB and 13.555 MHz USB
(the 45 meter and 22 meter bands respectively). So what are you
waiting for? When you finish listening to your favorite Pirate
Broadcaster on 6.925 MHz or thereabouts, QSY to the chit-chat channel
of 6.800 and discuss the programming you've just heard. Or get on and
call CQ and see who comes back!

Please join us at:

....and put a little fun back into your two radio operations before your
radios become homes for mice, insects, and various genus of mold.

73 -- ~Sparky~

Often imitated -- NEVER duplicated.
Sparky -- AM/FM/SSB/CW from the ol' Cornpatch Mobile:
KALL-2671 -- CB Radio;
Unit 412/RF412/CO3026 -- Freeband 26-28MHz;
Radio Outlaw 412 -- 6.800 LSB & 13.555 USB;
W9*** -- Amateur (Ham) Radio;
WQRM313 -- GMRS;
M/V Mysterious Traveller -- Marine;
plus FRS, MURS, Shortwave... in other words DC to Daylight.
....got frequencies? ...got phun phreekin'cies?

Please join us at: