Old May 25th 05, 02:24 AM
germ714

Default Bleed through

It seems my cb is coming through my
am/fm radio when it's off. It's a stock radio
and the tip of my antenna is about 50 feet off
the ground. I am using rg-8 coax.
My question is do they make some
kind of filter to help prevent this.

Old May 25th 05, 02:29 AM
Steveo

"germ714" wrote:
It seems my cb is coming through my
am/fm radio when it's off. It's a stock radio
and the tip of my antenna is about 50 feet off
the ground. I am using rg-8 coax.
My question is do they make some
kind of filter to help prevent this.

Make sure you have good grounds on both. A low pass filter might not
hurt, but I'm not sure if it will help either. Swr looks good?
Old May 25th 05, 02:47 AM
germ714

"Steveo" wrote in message
"germ714" wrote:
It seems my cb is coming through my
am/fm radio when it's off. It's a stock radio
and the tip of my antenna is about 50 feet off
the ground. I am using rg-8 coax.
My question is do they make some
kind of filter to help prevent this.

Make sure you have good grounds on both. A low pass filter might not
hurt, but I'm not sure if it will help either. Swr looks good?

Swr is good, antenna ground could be better.

Old May 25th 05, 03:05 AM
Steveo

"germ714" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"germ714" wrote:
It seems my cb is coming through my
am/fm radio when it's off. It's a stock radio
and the tip of my antenna is about 50 feet off
the ground. I am using rg-8 coax.
My question is do they make some
kind of filter to help prevent this.

Make sure you have good grounds on both. A low pass filter might not
hurt, but I'm not sure if it will help either. Swr looks good?

Swr is good, antenna ground could be better.

Sink two copper rods and see if that helps. It will certainly improve
your lightning protection a bit if nothing else.
Old May 25th 05, 03:09 AM
Vinnie S.

On 25 May 2005 02:05:14 GMT, Steveo wrote:

"germ714" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"germ714" wrote:
It seems my cb is coming through my
am/fm radio when it's off. It's a stock radio
and the tip of my antenna is about 50 feet off
the ground. I am using rg-8 coax.
My question is do they make some
kind of filter to help prevent this.

Make sure you have good grounds on both. A low pass filter might not
hurt, but I'm not sure if it will help either. Swr looks good?

Swr is good, antenna ground could be better.

Sink two copper rods and see if that helps. It will certainly improve
your lightning protection a bit if nothing else.

Hey there Moped !!!!!

Tired and going to bed. G-night !!!!

Vinnie S.

Old May 25th 05, 03:11 AM
Steveo

"germ714" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"germ714" wrote:
It seems my cb is coming through my
am/fm radio when it's off. It's a stock radio
and the tip of my antenna is about 50 feet off
the ground. I am using rg-8 coax.
My question is do they make some
kind of filter to help prevent this.

Make sure you have good grounds on both. A low pass filter might not
hurt, but I'm not sure if it will help either. Swr looks good?

Swr is good, antenna ground could be better.

Sink two copper rods and see if that helps. It will certainly improve
your lightning protection a bit if nothing else.

Hey there Moped !!!!!

Tired and going to bed. G-night !!!!

Vinnie S.

Hi Enzo. Going to bed already? Good nite.
Old May 25th 05, 03:17 AM
John Smith

Real trick to get the RFI with the radio off... however, it isn't comming
though the powerlines is it, can the radio be moved to another rooms outlet
(farther from the outlet of the transmitters?)

Better yet, the am/fm isn't dual power and you can unplug it from the wall
and see if it still happens on batteries?

Warmest regards,
John

Old May 26th 05, 10:50 PM
mopathetic didn't camp at Dayton! CHICKEN BOY!

No, twithed...actually you think it is haunted 'cuz you are too much of
a freekin' moron to know why it is happening. See what hanging out in
truckstop toilets with FUGGLY does for ya?

Old May 29th 05, 06:16 AM
Gen. Geroge Hammond

Try unpluging the AC cord from the broadcast radio from the wall and
turn it around, if it's not polorized. If it is, get an adapter and
give it a try.
Then ground that radio