Old June 7th 05, 04:08 PM
Frank Gilliland

Default So Dave.....

Along the lines of JFK's speech, what did -you- do for your country?

Do you have any problem with a Constitutional amendment that
guarantees every citizen the right to vote?

Have you learned anything about HJR 28?

Do you think that the Supreme Court Justices are just a bunch of
"activist judges", or that their decisions are written by some
"skilled left wing propagandist"?

Have you learned the difference between an analogy and a metaphor?

Did you read the law that prevents you from falsely crying fire in a
crowded theater?

Have you learned anything about the Constitution? Enough to know how
an Amendment can be made? What the First Amendment means? Where the
phrase "seperation of church and state" comes from?

Have you found a majority of Americans that are willing to give up the
Constitution?

Old June 8th 05, 01:09 AM
Jim Hampton

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message

Along the lines of JFK's speech, what did -you- do for your country?

Do you have any problem with a Constitutional amendment that
guarantees every citizen the right to vote?

Have you learned anything about HJR 28?

Do you think that the Supreme Court Justices are just a bunch of
"activist judges", or that their decisions are written by some
"skilled left wing propagandist"?

Have you learned the difference between an analogy and a metaphor?

Did you read the law that prevents you from falsely crying fire in a
crowded theater?

Have you learned anything about the Constitution? Enough to know how
an Amendment can be made? What the First Amendment means? Where the
phrase "seperation of church and state" comes from?

Have you found a majority of Americans that are willing to give up the
Constitution?

Hello, Frank

Don't suggest anyone follow that left-wing conspiracy! What I don't
understand is that convicted criminal that talked about helping the poor.
That left-wing nut that had the audacity to throw the money changers out of
the temple. That left-wing radical was crucified 2000 years ago and the
extreme right wing actually prays to Him, plus wants government aid to (only
the "right") churches! I see the Texas government now signs laws inside of
Churches.

Frank, please let me know what I am missing here ... )

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim

Old June 8th 05, 01:28 AM
John Smith

Jim:

Funny thing here, if that "left-wing radical" came back today, walked
into the million dollar churches and commanded that they be sold to feed
and clothe "his people"... and demanded gov't to cease passing laws
outside of gov't authority (and of a church nature) he would, too soon,
be crucified one time again...

Warmest regards,
John

Old June 8th 05, 02:58 AM
Jim Hampton

"John Smith" wrote in message
Jim:

Funny thing here, if that "left-wing radical" came back today, walked
into the million dollar churches and commanded that they be sold to feed
and clothe "his people"... and demanded gov't to cease passing laws
outside of gov't authority (and of a church nature) he would, too soon,
be crucified one time again...

Warmest regards,
John

Hello, John

I strongly suspect so but didn't wish to word it quite that strongly. The
beatitudes alone would get him condemned by the (alleged religious) right.

Dang card-carrying liberal!

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Old June 8th 05, 12:29 PM
Frank Gilliland

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 00:09:25 GMT, "Jim Hampton"
wrote in :

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

If I'm not mistaken, he demanded that people actually give up their
worldly possessions. Something about a camel and a needle.....

That left-wing nut that had the audacity to throw the money changers out of
the temple.

The scoundrel! What did stock traders ever do to -him-?

That left-wing radical was crucified 2000 years ago and the
extreme right wing actually prays to Him, plus wants government aid to (only
the "right") churches!

Hmmmm, maybe he didn't get his message across.

I see the Texas government now signs laws inside of
Churches.

Seriously, you're kidding, right?

Frank, please let me know what I am missing here ... )

A growing conflict between religion and the Constitution.

"Freedom for me but not for thee!"

Old June 8th 05, 02:32 PM
Landshark

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message

Along the lines of JFK's speech, what did -you- do for your country?

I paid taxes, but have not served the country as you, sorry

Do you have any problem with a Constitutional amendment that
guarantees every citizen the right to vote?

Nope

Have you learned anything about HJR 28?

Nope, didn't bother, again sorry.

Do you think that the Supreme Court Justices are just a bunch of
"activist judges", or that their decisions are written by some
"skilled left wing propagandist"?

I think that they are people with opinions, like every other human
on this planet. It's a give-me that some will agree, while others
disagree.

Have you learned the difference between an analogy and a metaphor?

I always did know, weren't we supposed to learn that in grade school?

Did you read the law that prevents you from falsely crying fire in a
crowded theater?

Yup

Have you learned anything about the Constitution?

A little more

Enough to know how an Amendment can be made?

I already knew that, again something you learned in grade school and
even High School.

What the First Amendment means?

The very same thing that EVERYONE on this group does every
day.

Where the phrase "seperation of church and state" comes from?

Yup

Have you found a majority of Americans that are willing to give up the
Constitution?

Nope. While you can say that some parts are not correct, overall it's
the best system we have at present.

Now that all this has come out, are we ready to talk about radio's?
Any radio's? AM, FM, SSB? Other than you guys' talking, seems
as though the couple trolls have gone on summer vacation
Nice and quit, pretty good thank you!

Landshark

--
The internet is fun but it's no substitute for books, people, nature,
or direct experiences. But you think that you can get everything you

Frank Gililland

Old June 8th 05, 02:35 PM
Landshark

"Landshark" wrote in message

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
Do you have any problem with a Constitutional amendment that
guarantees every citizen the right to vote?

Nope

My bad, that should already exists.

Landshark

--
Kindness is the language which the deaf
can hear and the blind can see.

Old June 9th 05, 02:17 AM
Jim Hampton

[...]

Good post! Please forward that to President Bush as he seems to have some
problems.

Old June 9th 05, 03:50 AM
Jim Hampton

wrote in :

[...]

LOL. I see you still are firing on all 8 cylinders

As to signing laws in Churches, it was done in the last week in Texas. I'm
waiting for a Jewish or Muslim organization to sue. Should prove
interesting as it is very difficult to interpret the Constitution in that
manner when it talks about separation of Church and State. It would prove
difficult to stack the Supreme Court with someone who could go that far into
right field. There is always room for some interpretation (which is why
both sides want only certain candidates), but ..... this is a bit much.

Perhaps it only means the Catholic Church?

)

You have to realize that this administration is playing to knee-jerk
reactionaries that don't have a clue as to what is going on. One of the
"laws" was the banning of gay marriages - which is only ceremonial as it has
to be approved by referendum. This country is going down the tubes.
Weapons of mass destruction - no gay marriage (I'm not suggesting it; simply
stating that it is a simple ploy to divert attention) anything to make our
leaders look good. Nada. Social Security in trouble. Perhaps, but did you
see General Motors is laying off 25,000 folks? Pension plans going belly
up? Last year the SUVs did well (big tax rebates for kids. It sounds good,
but diverts attention that the rich get far bigger tax breaks than the guy
with 5 kids making 70,000 per year). Well, a lot of SUVs suddenly appeared
in poverty stricken Rochester, NY. My neighbor suddenly has 2 SUVs! She
was convicted a few years ago of grand larceny. Well, they paid for
retraining. She has a job (I don't believe a particularly good one), and
now has *two* new SUVs! She has a lot of kids.

It worked well for 1 year. Now folks will be making balloon payments and
praying that tax refund won't stop. Don't bet the bank. Breaks for the
rich will stay as long as the Republicans are in office, but this country
*cannot* withstand the deficits much longer. And I doubt the tax breaks
(kids included) for the under middle six-figure incomes will continue.

You can only blame the poor and working class for so long. Eventually, the
truth will come out. Like with Richard Nixon - but the current spin is that
the lousy turncoat working for the FBI, etc.

The spin the current administration puts on things is faster than my 48X cd
rom spins! )

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Old June 9th 05, 06:01 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 02:50:13 GMT, "Jim Hampton"
wrote in :

snip
You have to realize that this administration is playing to knee-jerk
reactionaries that don't have a clue as to what is going on.

I noticed that Howard Dean is doing much the same thing from the other
side of the fence. They should really put a muzzle on that guy.

One of the
"laws" was the banning of gay marriages - which is only ceremonial as it has
to be approved by referendum.

True. I doubt that they ever expected it to stand up in court. But
that doesn't stop the politicians from getting people worked up about
it and taking sides.

This country is going down the tubes.
Weapons of mass destruction - no gay marriage (I'm not suggesting it; simply
stating that it is a simple ploy to divert attention) anything to make our
leaders look good. Nada. Social Security in trouble. Perhaps, but did you
see General Motors is laying off 25,000 folks? Pension plans going belly
up?

Contracts don't mean a thing in a country where bankruptcy is just
another business tactic.

Last year the SUVs did well (big tax rebates for kids. It sounds good,
but diverts attention that the rich get far bigger tax breaks than the guy
with 5 kids making 70,000 per year). Well, a lot of SUVs suddenly appeared
in poverty stricken Rochester, NY. My neighbor suddenly has 2 SUVs! She
was convicted a few years ago of grand larceny. Well, they paid for
retraining. She has a job (I don't believe a particularly good one), and
now has *two* new SUVs! She has a lot of kids.

I wonder what career she was 'retrained' for.

It worked well for 1 year. Now folks will be making balloon payments and
praying that tax refund won't stop. Don't bet the bank. Breaks for the
rich will stay as long as the Republicans are in office, but this country
*cannot* withstand the deficits much longer. And I doubt the tax breaks
(kids included) for the under middle six-figure incomes will continue.

You are absolutely right. This economy has been supported by unsecured
credit for way too long. Have you noticed that the SEC has allowed
stock trading on margin? That's the same irresponsible investment
tactic which led to the 1929 stock market crash. It won't be long.....

You can only blame the poor and working class for so long. Eventually, the
truth will come out. Like with Richard Nixon - but the current spin is that
the lousy turncoat working for the FBI, etc.

Naw, won't happen. Any damning facts are withheld under the cloak of
"national security", and the "truth" is written to benefit those in
power. Unless the Republican party falls to ashes in the next decade
you'll never hear the whole story about the Bush regime.

The spin the current administration puts on things is faster than my 48X cd
rom spins! )

More like a dentist's drill -- LOL!!!

Who Was Pirate Radio DJ Dave Rabbit? Mike Terry Broadcasting 1 September 22nd 04 04:58 PM
Dave Heil Dave Heil Policy 32 May 21st 04 11:37 PM
Twistedhed attacking Dave Hall AGAIN Snow Cone CB 13 February 23rd 04 01:36 AM
What Do Twistedhed and Dave Hall have in common? Citizens For A Keyclown-Free Newsgroup CB 5 December 30th 03 10:41 PM