Old June 18th 05, 10:22 AM
Cliff

Default Show quoted text

In some messages it has in blue, "show quoted text" How does one put
that in ones message. hat is a lot better than doing a copy of a
message and stuffing more bull to have to read thru to get to theactual
post. At least it gives a person a way to either go back to the
original message or not, depending on the whim of the reader.
thx

Old June 18th 05, 10:47 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 18 Jun 2005 02:22:40 -0700, "Cliff" wrote
in .com:

In some messages it has in blue, "show quoted text" How does one put
that in ones message. hat is a lot better than doing a copy of a
message and stuffing more bull to have to read thru to get to theactual
post. At least it gives a person a way to either go back to the
original message or not, depending on the whim of the reader.
thx

Lines of quoted text usually begin with an arrow () or sometimes a
colon (. Both characters should turn the quoted text blue or some
other color. For example,

Text quoted with an arrow;

and...

:Text quoted with a colon.

You can type in the characters yourself like I just did, but your
newsreader should be capable of automatically adding them to each line
of quoted text when you reply to a post. Check your reader's setup
(options, preferences, configuration, etc.).

Old June 18th 05, 11:09 AM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
[...]

Hello Frank, he's using googles interface. I think there is an option to
done.
Old June 18th 05, 11:29 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 18 Jun 2005 10:09:15 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

snip
Hello Frank, he's using googles interface. I think there is an option to
done.

Oh well. So hey Mope, how did you build your client list? Did you
start from scratch, advertising, word of mouth.....?

Old June 18th 05, 11:37 AM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 18 Jun 2005 10:09:15 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

snip
Hello Frank, he's using googles interface. I think there is an option to
done.

Oh well. So hey Mope, how did you build your client list? Did you
start from scratch, advertising, word of mouth.....?

I started out working for someone, and then went on my own. It takes all of
the above as well as doing a good job at a competitive price. I wouldn't
want to be starting out now tho...too many people have jumped on the
bandwagon and are cutting each others throats with their prices.

Old June 18th 05, 11:52 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 18 Jun 2005 10:37:24 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 18 Jun 2005 10:09:15 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

snip
Hello Frank, he's using googles interface. I think there is an option to
done.

Oh well. So hey Mope, how did you build your client list? Did you
start from scratch, advertising, word of mouth.....?

I started out working for someone, and then went on my own. It takes all of
the above as well as doing a good job at a competitive price. I wouldn't
want to be starting out now tho...too many people have jumped on the
bandwagon and are cutting each others throats with their prices.

So I've noticed. Some claim to be the cheapest while others are price
gougers. But few around here do quality work -- most of them I call
"slash-n-dash" services. I'm thinking that quality at a -reasonable-
price might make the difference around here. Got a favorite chemical
mix? I've been using Lilly Miller's Weed-n-Feed and it does ok. My
uncle used to swear by it. Is there something better?

Old June 19th 05, 04:28 AM
Cliff

In Steveo's post Jun 18,6:09am it shows
"Steveo's" Jun 18,6:09am
Hellow, he's using googles interface. I think there is an option to
it's done. This was in black

Adown arrow Reply All in blue

I m trying to get that first "-show quoted text- so I don't have to do
a "copy of the statement and add a lot of extra reading and it gives a
person a way to get ack to original message if a reader wants to see
the original text.

Thanks

Old June 19th 05, 04:31 AM
Steveo

"Cliff" wrote:
In Steveo's post Jun 18,6:09am it shows
"Steveo's" Jun 18,6:09am
Hellow, he's using googles interface. I think there is an option to
it's done. This was in black

Adown arrow Reply All in blue

I m trying to get that first "-show quoted text- so I don't have to do
a "copy of the statement and add a lot of extra reading and it gives a
person a way to get ack to original message if a reader wants to see
the original text.

Thanks

Try a test group like alt.test and see if you can make it work. You can
post there till the sun comes up.
Old June 22nd 05, 01:27 AM
mopathetic didn't camp at Dayton! CHICKEN BOY!

Or go to mopathetic's favorite group...alt.fatmouthed.coward.punkboys

Latest Online Oldies shows on Rock-it Radio BennieDingo Broadcasting 0 February 19th 05 09:04 PM
Jamming on the air: why? Steveo CB 77 December 2nd 04 04:06 AM
Latest 50's Rock and Roll Shows Online Rockitradio Broadcasting 0 August 14th 04 12:20 AM
Stigar i Kveom Asle Heggheim Shortwave 0 November 15th 03 07:57 PM