Old June 22nd 05, 03:41 AM
Vinnie S.

Default Channel 9

Is that still used for emergencies?

Vinnie S.
Old June 22nd 05, 11:06 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
Is that still used for emergencies?

Vinnie S.

Emergency superbowl?
Old June 22nd 05, 01:47 PM
PowerHouse Communications

By law it is, even if it doesn't see much use anymore in certain areas of
the country...

Old June 22nd 05, 01:55 PM
Vinnie S.

On 22 Jun 2005 10:06:14 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Vinnie S. wrote:
Is that still used for emergencies?

Vinnie S.

Emergency superbowl?

I flick past it all the time. Aside from some Mexican skip, no one is ever on
it.

Vinnie S.
Old June 22nd 05, 02:53 PM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
Is that still used for emergencies?

Vinnie S.

Emergency superbowl?

I flick past it all the time. Aside from some Mexican skip, no one is
ever on it.

Vinnie S.

The highway patrol used to monitor it, dunno anymore.

Old June 23rd 05, 02:00 AM
mopathetic didn't camp at Dayton! CHICKEN BOY!

mopey uses 19 to hook up with men

Old June 23rd 05, 04:42 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
Is that still used for emergencies?

Vinnie S.

Emergency superbowl?

I flick past it all the time. Aside from some Mexican skip, no one is
ever on it.

Vinnie S.

The highway patrol used to monitor it, dunno anymore.

I did a channel 9 relay once..the ****ers at the coast guard station
couldn't understand the concept of a directional antenna, good ears, and an
amp as needed. These two guys were off avon point when they ran out of gas,
and here in Ohio they will write you a big ticket for that on the water.
(rightly so) and they didn't want me to say they were out of gas.

Long story short, the Eagle 515 hooked the boater up to the marine towing
company thru my landline.

We would -NOT- have heard each other without the antenna and amp.

Thanks for making me recollect that, Enzo.
Old July 16th 05, 10:09 PM
Sir_Oblivion

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
Is that still used for emergencies?

Supposedly however it's never monitored. Recall during the peak of CB Radio
many local Police Departments would regularly monitor channel 9. I was a
member of Central Jersey REACT back in the early-mid seventies which had
almost one-hundred members everyone taking shifts to assure there was 24
hour day coverage.

Old July 17th 05, 12:35 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 17:09:32 -0400, "Sir_Oblivion"
wrote in :

.. .

http://www.reactintl.org/