Old June 22nd 05, 04:56 AM
Jack Pederson

Default where to get parts for Uniden Grant XL??

After a long period of time since I've been involved with CB, I am thinking
of coming back but my Uniden Grant XL needs a few inductors. Browsing the
Uniden website, I see that the Grant XL is no longer listed, nor is the 148
GTL on the Cobra website. Does anyone know if they still carry the parts
and, if not, what is the alternative?

Thanks,
Jack Pederson

Old June 22nd 05, 01:58 PM
Vinnie S.

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 03:56:34 GMT, "Jack Pederson" wrote:

After a long period of time since I've been involved with CB, I am thinking
of coming back but my Uniden Grant XL needs a few inductors. Browsing the
Uniden website, I see that the Grant XL is no longer listed, nor is the 148
GTL on the Cobra website. Does anyone know if they still carry the parts
and, if not, what is the alternative?

Thanks,
Jack Pederson

Find out their values. You should be able to get them anywhere. Why would the
inductors removed?

Vinnie S.
Old June 23rd 05, 02:07 AM
mopathetic didn't camp at Dayton! CHICKEN BOY!

Just go to any gay web page. Keyclowns are all gay, and they love it
when a gay comes back to them.

Old June 23rd 05, 02:51 AM
jonz

"mopathetic didn't camp at Dayton! CHICKEN BOY!"
wrote in message
oups.com...
Just go to any gay web page. Keyclowns are all gay, and they love it
when a gay comes back to them.
hey stupid.....how does it feel to be ignored???? he he he.... jonz

Old June 23rd 05, 03:08 AM
Vinnie S.

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:51:50 +1000, "jonz" wrote:

"mopathetic didn't camp at Dayton! CHICKEN BOY!"
wrote in message
roups.com...
Just go to any gay web page. Keyclowns are all gay, and they love it
when a gay comes back to them.
hey stupid.....how does it feel to be ignored???? he he he.... jonz

Hehe

Vinnie S.

Old June 23rd 05, 04:11 AM
Jack Pederson

"mopathetic didn't camp at Dayton! CHICKEN BOY!"
wrote in message
oups.com...
Just go to any gay web page. Keyclowns are all gay, and they love it
when a gay comes back to them.

Most unfortunate that you had to respond this way because I ended up
repairing the radio myself today. There were 6 burned out tuning cans.
Just to find out the exact inductance/ capacitance values of each can, I
disassembled all 6, determined the exact number of primary/ secondary turns,
plus the parallel capacitance value, and then reassembled with the new
windings. I now have official values for L4, L5, L6...., etc for the Uniden
Grant so that ferrite toroids could actually be substituted in the future.
I was considering sharing this information with the group because it took me
nearly a day to disassemble and unwind the tiny coils. However, after the
response I received, I will not be sharing the info. You are probably
running one of the latest export rigs, which generally don't perform as well
as the "narrow band" Grant, which makes the Uniden a keeper. So be it.

I bid you farewell so that you may return to your domain.

Jack Pederson

FS: Tek Parts & Manual, BA Parts Richard W. Solomon, W1KSZ Boatanchors 0 April 24th 05 03:51 PM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Radio Shack Quitting Parts Business? Howard Homebrew 0 November 27th 03 01:08 AM
FS: Knight Kit T-60 Transmitter Parts Unit Larry Johnson Boatanchors 3 November 15th 03 12:45 AM
FS: Knight Kit T-60 Transmitter Parts Unit Larry Johnson Swap 3 November 15th 03 12:45 AM