Old June 24th 05, 09:34 PM
Sandra28

Default Is this too Old?

I recently purchased a President Lincoln CB radio for 230 Euros it
arrived this morning I checked its serial number with Uniden they
stated it was made way back in 1984 !!

Is this radio too old?
It was supposed to be an Export Version and hipower unit too??

What do people think on here thanks

Sandra

Old June 24th 05, 09:48 PM
james

On 24 Jun 2005 13:34:33 -0700, "Sandra28"
wrote:

I recently purchased a President Lincoln CB radio for 230 Euros it
arrived this morning I checked its serial number with Uniden they
stated it was made way back in 1984 !!

Is this radio too old?
It was supposed to be an Export Version and hipower unit too??

What do people think on here thanks

Sandra

******

If not abused most semiconductors will work up to ten to fifiteen yrs
in continuous operation. Best scenario is if it meets your
satisfaction and transmitt intended power then it is worth it.

james

Old June 25th 05, 04:24 AM
Steveo

"Sandra28" wrote:
I recently purchased a President Lincoln CB radio for 230 Euros it
arrived this morning I checked its serial number with Uniden they
stated it was made way back in 1984 !!

Is this radio too old?
It was supposed to be an Export Version and hipower unit too??

What do people think on here thanks

Sandra

You can buy an HF rig for little more than that.
Old June 25th 05, 02:28 PM
Sandra28

What sort of HF rig??

Sandra

Old June 26th 05, 08:41 PM
Vinnie S.

On 24 Jun 2005 13:34:33 -0700, "Sandra28" wrote:

I recently purchased a President Lincoln CB radio for 230 Euros it
arrived this morning I checked its serial number with Uniden they
stated it was made way back in 1984 !!

Is this radio too old?
It was supposed to be an Export Version and hipower unit too??

What do people think on here thanks

I am pretty sure the Lincold/2510, was released around 1989 or so.

In any case, it is not the age, but use and condition. You have to learn to ask
questions to the seller. You obviously can ask questions. But people here know
little about your radio and it's condition.

You should have asked questions about the radio to the seller.

I just purchased a Uniden Grant LT new, ebay. Before I purchased it, I emailed
Uniden to ask if the LT was different from the XL. They said that it's the same
radio except for the DSC circuit and the backlight. I looked it up on the net,
and all the same XL mods work on the LT. The XL were going to $250 new, an the
LT were going for about $115 new.

I then asked the seller if if was new, where was the box and how did he aquire
it. Explained both with clarity. He also was not a huge seller, and had about 50
feedbacks with 100%. The guy panned out, and the radio was as described, new and
stock. No box.

I hate to say this, but you didn't do your homework. Learn andfrom this use
this for the next time.

Vinnie S.