Old July 7th 05, 04:53 AM
Pete KE9OA

Default CPI 300 radio

Does anybody have the mod to enable transmit above channel 23? Apparently,
this radio was made in the 70s, but it did have extended receive range. A
jumper was able to be added to enable extended range transmit.
Thanks in advance.

Pete

Old July 7th 05, 10:20 AM
AKC owns this NG

Pete,
It is illegal to use it as a CB when modified...don't jeapordize your
privileges...get a radio that's legal on the CB band...they are
cheap...you will spend way more modding that rig to other CB channels
than you would getting a cheapo 40 channel radio.

Don't be a keyclown, dude

Old July 7th 05, 03:52 PM
Cliff

contact me at thecowboyace at yahoo.com about a decent little radio
worth the money.

Old July 7th 05, 07:53 PM
Pete KE9OA

I have several radios.............this is a repair for a friend of mine.
When first received, this unit did transmit all the way up to channel 40. My
friend removed an extra added switch and I removed what I thought was a
sloppy job of some solder jumpers. The rig does have the EPROM upgrade, as
evidenced by the fact that it receives at least up to channel 40.
I don't use modded rigs on CB.............only my Cobra 148. I keep the ham
rigs on the ham bands.
Thanks for the feedback!

Pete

ups.com...

Old July 7th 05, 07:54 PM
Pete KE9OA

I am not sure if you are selling some radios...........I do have several of
them myself. This unit is only a repair that I am doing for a friend of
mine.
Thanks for the offer, though.

Pete

oups.com...

Old July 8th 05, 10:02 AM
Cliff

OKay, I have a little Maxxon that is a talking dude. It will outtalk
one of my Unidens and definitely blows away the Radio Shack TRC XXX.
Dont remember the number on it.

Old July 9th 05, 01:49 AM
dutchman2u

Pete I have the mod for this unite very simple and have the
truth chart also dutch

Old July 9th 05, 04:36 AM
Pete KE9OA

Thanks for the offer. I already returned the unit to the owner, but if you
could forward me the mod, I can pass it on to him.
I am at: p dot gianako at worldnet dot att dot net
Thanks!

Pete

ups.com...