Old August 8th 05, 01:31 AM
IR

Default Trade 10 meter for 11 meter (ssb)

I've got the RS HTX-10 unmodifiable 10 meter am/fm/ssb mobile, 25 watts
out on sideband. 28.000 - 29.700 MHz. Hardly used, with manual. The
threads on the mike plug retaining ring are a little funked, the radio
came that way, I just leave the mike plugged in. I have talked cross-
country on it using a dipole antenna. Still have the antenna for that
matter. These don't get a lot of money, as you can see if you check
Ebay. So I'd (as the prejudiced owner) say it's worth 70 bucks.

I'd like to trade for a regular CB with sideband and 40 channels,
nothing special. Unmodified/Unmodifiable Ok. Well used ok.

I'm in Connecticut, USA.

Contact me here or (860)738-2975
Les Rogers
Old August 9th 05, 06:18 AM
Scott in Baltimore

IR wrote:
I've got the RS HTX-10 unmodifiable 10 meter am/fm/ssb mobile, 25 watts
out on sideband. 28.000 - 29.700 MHz. Hardly used, with manual. The
threads on the mike plug retaining ring are a little funked, the radio
came that way, I just leave the mike plugged in. I have talked cross-
country on it using a dipole antenna. Still have the antenna for that
matter. These don't get a lot of money, as you can see if you check
Ebay. So I'd (as the prejudiced owner) say it's worth 70 bucks.

I'd like to trade for a regular CB with sideband and 40 channels,
nothing special. Unmodified/Unmodifiable Ok. Well used ok.

CW will be dropped soon, then you take Element 2 and 3 and you will
be able to use your HTX-10. If I didn't have a 2950, I'd trade you
a PC-122 for it.
Old August 9th 05, 06:28 AM
Steveo

Scott in Baltimore wrote:
If I didn't have a 2950, I'd trade you
a PC-122 for it.

Is that a fair trade? (all things being equal)

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old August 9th 05, 06:34 AM
Scott in Baltimore

Steveo wrote:
Scott in Baltimore wrote:

If I didn't have a 2950, I'd trade you
a PC-122 for it.

Is that a fair trade? (all things being equal)

He said it was an HTX-10, not an HTX-100.
The 10 is a 485 type small unit, the 100 is a 2510-like unit.
Old August 9th 05, 12:48 PM
IR

Hi Guys,

I've got my General (NL7MO) since '88, about a month after I got
my Novice. Also, I had a PC-122 back then. My only gripe about
the PC-122 was that the slide switch for am/ssb wasn't too good.

I operated on HF and UHF but, I've kind of lost interest in it,
I'm more interested in CB again, although I know I won't be too
active in that either...

So if you want to part with your PC-122, please let me know how
much.

Thanks,
Les

Old August 27th 05, 07:28 PM
Junior Member

Smart Move...Keep the 10 Meter Radio...Even if it is an (AcccK!) Radio Shack.
Old August 27th 05, 07:36 PM
Junior Member

Talking

Another thing that is noteworthy is that if you do not want to wait until next January (When the FCC is expected to drop the code) The level of morse to get your GENERAL is only 5wpm now.

And you still have 200khz available to you without the code test (28.3-28.5) at a Tech class.

Morse:
-- --- .-. ... . .. ... -. --- - .... .- .-. -..
M o r s e i s n o t h a r d
Old August 28th 05, 03:16 PM
U-Know-Who

"KrisH" wrote in message

Another thing that is noteworthy is that if you do not want to wait
until next January (When the FCC is expected to drop the code) The
level of morse to get your GENERAL is only 5wpm now.

And you still have 200khz available to you without the code test
(28.3-28.5) at a Tech class.

I don't believe you are correct.

Morse:
M o r s e i s n o t h a r d

--
KrisH

SWR - wtf? john d CB 136 July 2nd 05 08:31 PM
SWR - wtf? Roy Lewallen Antenna 110 July 1st 05 05:30 AM
Trade: Pair of MT-1000 HT's for 2 meter mobile W8EMS Swap 0 November 3rd 03 09:06 PM