Old August 29th 05, 12:13 AM
Programbo

Default Any legal use for linears?

I`ve seen linears advertised on Ebay with the warning.."For licensed
amateur radio use only"..My question is..Is there a legitimate legal
use for the typical Class C mobile linear containing 2879`s? (Yes I`m
the same Programbo)

Old August 29th 05, 12:54 AM
John Smith

Programbo:

Yes, there are legal uses...

However, best use might be behind your CB rig!

John

Old August 29th 05, 03:30 AM
Programbo

Yes, there are legal uses...
However, best use might be behind your CB rig!

Well obviously..But just wanted to make sure before thinking of
buying or selling one so the wording can be right in the ad

Old August 29th 05, 07:41 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 28 Aug 2005 16:13:59 -0700, "Programbo" wrote
in .com:

I`ve seen linears advertised on Ebay with the warning.."For licensed
amateur radio use only"..My question is..Is there a legitimate legal
use for the typical Class C mobile linear containing 2879`s?

Looks like you answered your own question: "For licensed amateur radio
use only". And FYI, a Class C amplifier is not a linear amplifier.

(Yes I`m
the same Programbo)

So?

Old August 29th 05, 09:03 AM
J'in Fer Good Buddy

John Smith wrote:
Programbo:

Yes, there are legal uses...

However, best use might be behind your CB rig!

J'ain't no good for a CB! Class C is ONLY good on FM!

People who use those low quality blood boxes are about stupid no how.

Old August 30th 05, 12:16 AM
Who Dat?

On 28 Aug 2005 16:13:59 -0700, "Programbo" wrote:

(Yes I`m
the same Programbo)

Really Wow!!!!!!!!!!
Still got that cool astrovan????
Old August 30th 05, 11:09 PM
Programbo

Still got that cool astrovan????

Actually I just took it to the junkyard Saturday afternoon..Got $100
for it ..Who Dat?

Old August 30th 05, 11:15 PM
American citizen

A weight

Conversation piece for in the living room or in "the john".

Spare parts!

A place to hide money! (oh, the money was wasted on that illegal linear for
a mud-duck radio!)

Collateral to turn over to the FCC in return for not going to "The Pokey"!

A power source for a vibrator!

oups.com...