Old September 5th 05, 05:45 PM
james

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:43:29 GMT, "John Dos"
wrote:

+I'm trying to build an antenna for my 40 channel transceiver. But the
+(female) RCA connection (at the feedpoint) is throwing me off. Is it 50 ohm
+or 75 ohm?
+
+

*******

Are you sure it is an RCA jack? Most CB transceivers used SO-238
chasis connectors. These are commonly known as UHF connectors or
military connectors. They rated for 50 Ohm but are not guaranteed a
constant impedance like N connectors ad SMA connectors.

RCA connectors are in the range of 35 to 50 Ohms. RCA are not well
designed for large amounts of RF. BNC are designed for 50 and 75 Ohm
impedance.

james