Old September 12th 05, 07:36 PM
The Magnum

Default Superstar radio

Hi good people,

I was always onder the impression that the Superstar 360 radio was based on
the good old trusty Cobra 148GTL DX Mk2 (010 chassis)
Today someone put the point to me that the Mk 1 Cobra chassis (879 chassis i
think?) was also used in the Superstar 360 models...
Can anyone confirm or deny this as ive never come across a SS 360 with a Mk
1 Cobra board configuration?

Regards,
Graham

Old September 12th 05, 07:38 PM
The Magnum

"The Magnum" wrote in message
Hi good people,

* I was always onder the impression* that the Superstar 360 radio was based

on
the good old trusty Cobra 148GTL DX Mk2 (010 chassis)
Today someone put the point to me that the Mk 1 Cobra chassis (879 chassis

think?) was also used in the Superstar 360 models...
Can anyone confirm or deny this as ive never come across a SS 360 with a

Mk
1 Cobra board configuration?

Regards,
Graham

*Sorry about the typo, I meant "I was always under the impression"

Old September 12th 05, 09:17 PM
The Magnum

"Lancer" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:38:14 +0100, "The Magnum"
wrote:

"The Magnum" wrote in message
Hi good people,

* I was always onder the impression* that the Superstar 360 radio was

based
on
the good old trusty Cobra 148GTL DX Mk2 (010 chassis)
Today someone put the point to me that the Mk 1 Cobra chassis (879

chassis
think?) was also used in the Superstar 360 models...
Can anyone confirm or deny this as ive never come across a SS 360 with

Mk
1 Cobra board configuration?

Regards,
Graham

*Sorry about the typo, I meant "I was always under the impression"

Onder is Dutch for under, are you sure your british?

It was a typo immediately corrected after noticing it.. now answer the
question.. besides which who said i was British... i could quite easily be
Australian bruce..

Old September 13th 05, 06:58 PM
The Magnum

Regards,
Graham

*Sorry about the typo, I meant "I was always under the impression"

Onder is Dutch for under, are you sure your british?

It was a typo immediately corrected after noticing it.. now answer the
question.. besides which who said i was British... i could quite easily

be
Australian bruce..

Whats Australian bruce?

My didgeridoo is Australian ;o)

Anyone know the definitive to my question please?

Old September 14th 05, 01:32 AM
jim

The Magnum wrote:

Regards,
Graham

*Sorry about the typo, I meant "I was always under the impression"

Onder is Dutch for under, are you sure your british?

It was a typo immediately corrected after noticing it.. now answer the
question.. besides which who said i was British... i could quite easily

be

Australian bruce..

Whats Australian bruce?

My didgeridoo is Australian ;o)

Anyone know the definitive to my question please?

Its amazing Graham that you come on this board asking a tech question
after beating the hell out of american society past and present and
expect an answer. yes I realize its an international ng but it is
dominated by us yanks. regards...

Old September 14th 05, 07:17 PM
The Magnum

"jim" wrote in message
news
The Magnum wrote:

Regards,
Graham

*Sorry about the typo, I meant "I was always under the impression"

Onder is Dutch for under, are you sure your british?

It was a typo immediately corrected after noticing it.. now answer the
question.. besides which who said i was British... i could quite easily

be

Australian bruce..

Whats Australian bruce?

My didgeridoo is Australian ;o)

Anyone know the definitive to my question please?

Its amazing Graham that you come on this board asking a tech question
after beating the hell out of american society past and present and
expect an answer. yes I realize its an international ng but it is
dominated by us yanks. regards...

One sec Jim, I never beat the hell out of anything.. I replied to postings
that were aimed at me as truthfully and constructively as I could. I never
got into name calling and "Yankie" bashing in any way and neither would I.
Yet there were plenty of people replying to postings on the aforementioned
thread who delighted in insulting the UK and me personally. If you go back
and read my postings I believe them to be reaonable and constructive. Im not
into namecalling or belittling people but I will reply to anything said
about me or to me in the same tense as it was used to me. Im sure you would
do the same.
As far as this NG being dominated by Americans i cant see the problem? Its
an open forum to discuss CB related issues and the question I ask is a
genuine question I would like to know the answer to.
Im under the impression that the Superstar 360 and the superstar 360FM are
slightly different chassis radio's. The American version being the 879 board
and the UK/european board being the 010. I might be wrong this is why i'm
asking, and im hoping for someone who has the info to tell me so I can go
away better informed. Are there two types of this radio or.. like the cobra
148GTL DX.. is there a Mk1 and Mk2 version?
Or are you saying anyone other than American radio enthusiasts are the only
people welcome here?
Regards,
Graham

Old September 14th 05, 09:25 PM
123a 456a

the older cobra 148dx is the same as the older supertar 360fm.. PB-010AB
board..
the newer stuff out there is junk ranger products..

Old September 17th 05, 12:43 AM
jim

The Magnum wrote:

"jim" wrote in message
news
The Magnum wrote:

[...]

C'mon Graham, you stated all posters are racists. Why would anyone post
a response to your query after that enlightnment?
Old September 18th 05, 11:31 PM
The Magnum

C'mon Graham, you stated all posters are racists. Why would anyone post
a response to your query after that enlightnment?

Eh? i said everyones racist to some extent, even if they think they arent. I
agree i said that but what has that to do with a different thread asking
about the topic of the group (CB radios) Why drag racism into it for no
other reason you think i might be racist??. Everyone in their life does
something someone will take offence to whether it was meant or not. Besides
which most people recognise this statement to be true and not get upset with
it. If i watch a fight on TV between a black man and a white man i want the
white man to win... not because i hate the black man but would like to see
someone of my race do well. That would be seen as being racist by some as i
didnt support the black guy just because he was black... if i say good
morning to a white person on my travels then i see a black guy in a hood
walking past me who doesnt look like they are interested in whats going on
around them i would not say good morning... just because i would feel uneasy
distracting this guy... am i racist?? maybe i am, but i never said i wasnt.
Im tolerant but thats the point... you can have racist tendancies but be
tolerant of other races. I wouldnt want to date a black girl... its just my
preference same as i wouldnt date a ginger haired white girl... she probably
wouldnt want to date me either but there you go.
Besides which if you look close enough most of the Americans who post in
here have very strong racist views... so why wouldnt they answer my posts??
Cheers Jim,
Graham

Old September 18th 05, 11:32 PM
The Magnum

"123a 456a" wrote in message
the older cobra 148dx is the same as the older supertar 360fm.. PB-010AB
board..
the newer stuff out there is junk ranger products..

Yes im beginning to realise that. I didnt think the Superstar 360 used the
older cobra board but now i know thay do. Thank you for confirming this
thought for me,
Regards,
Graham