Old September 22nd 05, 10:07 PM
Glaca

Default Where can I buy UNIDEN CB in San Francisco?

Hallo!
I'm from Poland.
My sister is in SF now, and she don't know the place, to buy cb-radio for
me.
Please help, give us any adress.

Old September 23rd 05, 01:05 AM
Volker Tonn

Glaca schrieb:

Hallo!
I'm from Poland.
My sister is in SF now, and she don't know the place, to buy cb-radio for
me.
Please help, give us any adress.

Why buy in the US?
Just come a few kilometers over here to Germany and buy a 'President'.
They are virtually all made by Uniden.
The Grant, Jackson, George and Lincoln are fine for CB in Europe.

Old September 23rd 05, 06:41 AM
Glaca

Uzytkownik "Volker Tonn" napisal w wiadomosci
Glaca schrieb:

Hallo!
I'm from Poland.
My sister is in SF now, and she don't know the place, to buy cb-radio for
me.
Please help, give us any adress.

Why buy in the US?
Just come a few kilometers over here to Germany and buy a 'President'.
They are virtually all made by Uniden.
The Grant, Jackson, George and Lincoln are fine for CB in Europe.

Because of the price.
Uniden Pro 520XL
US - 55$
Poland - 100$
Germany ??? + schipping ??? (i live neart to east broad of Poland, over
600km to german broad)

Old September 23rd 05, 08:19 AM
Volker Tonn

Glaca schrieb:

Hallo!
I'm from Poland.
My sister is in SF now, and she don't know the place, to buy cb-radio for
me.
Please help, give us any adress.

Why buy in the US?
Just come a few kilometers over here to Germany and buy a 'President'.
They are virtually all made by Uniden.
The Grant, Jackson, George and Lincoln are fine for CB in Europe.

Because of the price.
Uniden Pro 520XL
US - 55$
Poland - 100$
Germany ??? + schipping ??? (i live neart to east broad of Poland, over
600km to german broad)

Ok, thats an arguement :-)
At least be sure not to pay fees and taxes for import. This may reach
the US$ 100 in total as well.
Make the new toy *look* used and let your sister not take the original
box to poland.
In case of faults on the rig the shipping costs to US and back will be
nearly as much than a new one. So in case you might have to fix it by an
electronics in poland for much less. So the original case is no real need.
I just did a little google search.
Be aware that this american model provides AM mode *only*. This is very
little used all over europe exept 9AM (and occasionally 4-15 ) wich is
the trucker channel in europe widely. All other communication is in FM!
The 'Pro 520XL' is a real cheapie. You might have a look on this one:
'Team TwoWay 4040'
http://www.mwf-service.com/shop/prod...roducts_id/193
It comes for EUR 55 plus shipping and is ways ahead on the Pro 520XL.
Sorry for this site is in german :-)
But this dealer claims to ship to poland too and he has a very
attractive price on this unit wich is at least EUR 5 -15 less than
others charge. So you may get in contact with him by mail.
I do not have any relationship with this dealer.

Greetings from Berlin/ Germany

Old September 23rd 05, 12:22 PM
Glaca

Thanks for all this informations.

I prefere Uniden 520XL, because od three things - compact size, rf-gain,
very good quallity of tx/rx
Many of my friends have it and they are very glad of.
In Poland we use AM only yet, until EU didn't change it ;-)
We work in "0"-s (us in "5"-s) but it can be fixed for EUR 2 with no
problem.

I used to have President Harry Classic last time, but it was stolen from my
car :-/
It was almost the same as Uniden PRO 520XL, but President is more expencive,
so I prefere Uniden.

Now, my friend lent me Alan 87, gezas! It's big! Not comfortable to use in
compact car.

Old September 29th 05, 12:18 PM
sipa

....break

the trucker channel in europe widely. All other communication is in FM!

Heare in Croatia (Dalmatia - adriatic coast) we mostly use AM for local....
(if neaded to contact foregins we switch to FM).... calling at 20. AM,
truckers 15, 10, 4,... cb club from city of Sibenik working channel is 25
AM.... for contest we use 33..... "small" 5W dx (Germany or England) on 31.
FM...

73 de 328-SU-035 (cb petko, qth Sibenik)

Old September 23rd 05, 01:17 PM
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 23 Sep 2005 02:05:46 +0200) it happened Volker Tonn
wrote in :

Glaca schrieb:

Hallo!
I'm from Poland.
My sister is in SF now, and she don't know the place, to buy cb-radio for
me.
Please help, give us any adress.

Why buy in the US?
Just come a few kilometers over here to Germany and buy a 'President'.
They are virtually all made by Uniden.
The Grant, Jackson, George and Lincoln are fine for CB in Europe.

Ranger 2970 is nice too.
Old September 23rd 05, 01:55 PM
Glaca

You guys like to stay out of subiect ;-)

Uzytkownik "Jan Panteltje" napisal w wiadomosci
news:1127477836.ef0e59b857b192c98d21ad0a3cbcf4aa@t eranews...