Old September 23rd 05, 01:37 AM
Tightwad

Default Help with Teaberry

I have a 26 year old Teaberry CB. At one point I had the meter replaced
that burned out. This new meter doesn't give me any references to set
the SWR as the priginal. The CB shop simply installed the first thing
that fit.
It has good sound quality but the range is not what it was befor the CB
shop fooled with it ten year or so ago.
The thing cost a small fortune back then and an equivelent Radio would
probably too expensive now??
I assume Teaberry is no longer made???
Old September 23rd 05, 02:59 AM
jm

"Tightwad" wrote in message
I have a 26 year old Teaberry CB. At one point I had the meter replaced
that burned out. This new meter doesn't give me any references to set the
SWR as the priginal. The CB shop simply installed the first thing that fit.
It has good sound quality but the range is not what it was befor the CB
shop fooled with it ten year or so ago.
The thing cost a small fortune back then and an equivelent Radio would
probably too expensive now??
I assume Teaberry is no longer made???

The term "CB SHOP" is too loosely used. Some people call themselves techs
but in actuality - couldn't repair a CB if their life depended on it.
I've met a few in my day. Real dick heads. A few even took their repairs to
other places to have them done, then claimed to have done the work
themselves.

The "tech" and I use that term loosely - probably didn't stop to align the
circuit to allow the differences of meter to work with the SWR circuitry. OR
perhaps there was a diode or other part burned out in the process they
didn't bother to check. Who knows! They probably fiddled with the tx as
well - thinking it may make a difference. IN other words they could have
adjusted the tx to make the meter look good.
Just my 2 cents. And to the best of "my" knowledge - Teaberry is no longer
made.

jm

Old September 23rd 05, 04:03 AM
Vinnie S.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:37:08 -0500, Tightwad wrote:

I assume Teaberry is no longer made???

You cannot be serious.

Vinnie S.
Old September 23rd 05, 04:10 AM
Tightwad

Vinnie S. wrote:

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:37:08 -0500, Tightwad wrote:

I assume Teaberry is no longer made???

You cannot be serious.

Vinnie S.

I don't use it except when I tow my Fifth wheel. I haven't kept up with
who is still amking what.
It is a Teaberry Stalker V and i would like to find someone to correct
it and tune it up.
Old September 27th 05, 01:24 PM
The Magnum

"Tightwad" wrote in message
Vinnie S. wrote:

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:37:08 -0500, Tightwad wrote:

I assume Teaberry is no longer made???

You cannot be serious.

Vinnie S.

I don't use it except when I tow my Fifth wheel. I haven't kept up with
who is still amking what.
It is a Teaberry Stalker V and i would like to find someone to correct
it and tune it up.

Ooooh i have a Teaberry Stalker IV in my cupboard.... just sitting there
working A1 ;o)