Old September 25th 05, 01:26 AM
Frank Gilliland

Default Hey Mope.....

Got some strange tree action happening here. Aspens dumping their
leaves while still green, maples dropping their seed pods before
they're mature, Virginia Creeper turning colors before the berries are
ripe, etc. Anything like that happening in your neck of the woods?

Old September 25th 05, 02:31 AM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Got some strange tree action happening here. Aspens dumping their
leaves while still green, maples dropping their seed pods before
they're mature, Virginia Creeper turning colors before the berries are
ripe, etc. Anything like that happening in your neck of the woods?

Yea, quite a bit actually, it's from the hot dry summer we've had.
Old September 25th 05, 02:52 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 25 Sep 2005 01:31:15 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Got some strange tree action happening here. Aspens dumping their
leaves while still green, maples dropping their seed pods before
they're mature, Virginia Creeper turning colors before the berries are
ripe, etc. Anything like that happening in your neck of the woods?

Yea, quite a bit actually, it's from the hot dry summer we've had.

Interesting. This summer has been cooler than normal over here. And a
little wetter, too. Maybe the plants simply don't like abnormal
weather......

Old September 25th 05, 03:07 AM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Got some strange tree action happening here. Aspens dumping their
leaves while still green, maples dropping their seed pods before
they're mature, Virginia Creeper turning colors before the berries are
ripe, etc. Anything like that happening in your neck of the woods?

Yea, quite a bit actually, it's from the hot dry summer we've had.

Interesting. This summer has been cooler than normal over here. And a
little wetter, too. Maybe the plants simply don't like abnormal
weather......

That would be my guess, especially when it's happening to different plant
species. May be an early fall leaf drop this year..
Old September 25th 05, 02:55 PM
jim

Steveo wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Got some strange tree action happening here. Aspens dumping their
leaves while still green, maples dropping their seed pods before
they're mature, Virginia Creeper turning colors before the berries are
ripe, etc. Anything like that happening in your neck of the woods?

Yea, quite a bit actually, it's from the hot dry summer we've had.

hot and dry here which is good for the vineyards.

Old September 25th 05, 03:16 PM
Lancer

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 09:55:31 -0400, jim
wrote:

Steveo wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Got some strange tree action happening here. Aspens dumping their
leaves while still green, maples dropping their seed pods before
they're mature, Virginia Creeper turning colors before the berries are
ripe, etc. Anything like that happening in your neck of the woods?

Yea, quite a bit actually, it's from the hot dry summer we've had.

hot and dry here which is good for the vineyards.

Hot and dry here also, the pecans aren't filling out. Unless we get
some rain real soon they won't be worth picking.
Old September 25th 05, 04:06 PM
Steveo

wrote:

Steveo wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Got some strange tree action happening here. Aspens dumping their
leaves while still green, maples dropping their seed pods before
they're mature, Virginia Creeper turning colors before the berries are
ripe, etc. Anything like that happening in your neck of the woods?

Yea, quite a bit actually, it's from the hot dry summer we've had.

hot and dry here which is good for the vineyards.

Hot and dry here also, the pecans aren't filling out. Unless we get
some rain real soon they won't be worth picking.

Did you get much from Rita?
Old September 25th 05, 05:06 PM
Lancer

wrote:

Steveo wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Got some strange tree action happening here. Aspens dumping their
leaves while still green, maples dropping their seed pods before
they're mature, Virginia Creeper turning colors before the berries are
ripe, etc. Anything like that happening in your neck of the woods?

Yea, quite a bit actually, it's from the hot dry summer we've had.

hot and dry here which is good for the vineyards.

Hot and dry here also, the pecans aren't filling out. Unless we get
some rain real soon they won't be worth picking.

Did you get much from Rita?

No rain, quite a bit of wind. It went off to the east of us. We were
hoping for a big storm, for much needed rain. I was hoping that the
storm would hit and knock our power out for a few day, good excuse to
stay home. The only real effect from Rita was that everyone that came
up this way emptied out all of the gas stations...
Old September 25th 05, 04:06 PM
Steveo

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Got some strange tree action happening here. Aspens dumping their
leaves while still green, maples dropping their seed pods before
they're mature, Virginia Creeper turning colors before the berries are
ripe, etc. Anything like that happening in your neck of the woods?

Yea, quite a bit actually, it's from the hot dry summer we've had.

hot and dry here which is good for the vineyards.

Finally cooling off here, which is good for everything else.
Old September 25th 05, 11:53 PM
Landshark

"Steveo" wrote in message
jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Got some strange tree action happening here. Aspens dumping their
leaves while still green, maples dropping their seed pods before
they're mature, Virginia Creeper turning colors before the berries are
ripe, etc. Anything like that happening in your neck of the woods?

Yea, quite a bit actually, it's from the hot dry summer we've had.

hot and dry here which is good for the vineyards.

Finally cooling off here, which is good for everything else.

Down to the forties at night, high seventies during the day.
Put the top back on the Bronco last week, timing's perfect.

Landshark

--
Treat people as if they were what
they ought to be and you will help