Old September 25th 05, 08:28 PM
Buther Boy

Default Experiences with store purchased dipoles

What kind of dipoles are being used out there (store purchased only,
please)?

Buther Boy

--
Remove the word Spam from my e-mail to contact me...
http://www.PrivacySig.com/SIGbutherb...mail-black.png
Old September 25th 05, 08:33 PM
Buther Boy

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:28:49 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

What kind of dipoles are being used out there (store purchased only,
please)?

Buther Boy

Do you frequently talk skip with them?

BB

Old September 25th 05, 09:02 PM
Vinnie S.

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:33:17 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:28:49 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

What kind of dipoles are being used out there (store purchased only,
please)?

Buther Boy

Do you frequently talk skip with them?

There are no famous store bought dipoles. You can get them on ebay. But, I left
you a post on how to build one. You will not get any better performance from a
store bought dipole than a homemade. And you can easily talk skip with them. You
would get the same peformance from a homemade dipole as you would if you
purchase a A-99 and laid it horizontally.

Vinnie S.
Old September 25th 05, 09:04 PM
Vinnie S.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...+cb&category0=

Vinnie S.
Old September 26th 05, 01:09 AM
jim

Vinnie S. wrote:

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:33:17 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:28:49 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

What kind of dipoles are being used out there (store purchased only,
please)?

Buther Boy

Do you frequently talk skip with them?

There are no famous store bought dipoles. You can get them on ebay. But, I left
you a post on how to build one. You will not get any better performance from a
store bought dipole than a homemade. And you can easily talk skip with them. You
would get the same peformance from a homemade dipole as you would if you
purchase a A-99 and laid it horizontally.

Vinnie S.

hey enzo, a horizontal a99 still sounds like it would have crap
reception. btw, the ny nyets cant seem to stop the pass. what a
depressing game...

Old September 26th 05, 01:55 AM
Vinnie S.

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:09:09 -0400, jim wrote:

Vinnie S. wrote:

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:33:17 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:28:49 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

What kind of dipoles are being used out there (store purchased only,
please)?

Buther Boy

Do you frequently talk skip with them?

There are no famous store bought dipoles. You can get them on ebay. But, I left
you a post on how to build one. You will not get any better performance from a
store bought dipole than a homemade. And you can easily talk skip with them. You
would get the same peformance from a homemade dipole as you would if you
purchase a A-99 and laid it horizontally.

Vinnie S.

hey enzo, a horizontal a99 still sounds like it would have crap
reception. btw, the ny nyets cant seem to stop the pass. what a
depressing game...

Jim, we need a professional coach, like a Vermiel or Cowher, or that type. We
will never win anything with the type we have now.

Vinnie S.
Old September 26th 05, 10:03 AM
Buther Boy

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:02:00 -0400, Vinnie S.
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:33:17 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:28:49 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

What kind of dipoles are being used out there (store purchased only,
please)?

Buther Boy

Do you frequently talk skip with them?

There are no famous store bought dipoles. You can get them on ebay. But, I left
you a post on how to build one. You will not get any better performance from a
store bought dipole than a homemade. And you can easily talk skip with them. You
would get the same peformance from a homemade dipole as you would if you
purchase a A-99 and laid it horizontally.

Vinnie S.

I get the homemade concept, but am disabled and not interested in
trying to build one! I see through your links that the Workman BS-1
is one store bought option. Anyone have any experience with this one?
I know that Workman is a low-cost option.

Thanks.

Buther Boy

Old September 26th 05, 06:06 PM
Strata Ji Zer

I've not used this dipole. However, I saw your post and thought I'd send
you the link.
http://www.radiowavz.com/html/c_b____11_meter.htm

Old September 27th 05, 12:46 AM
jim

Vinnie S. wrote:

[...]

have you visited the jets usenet ng? hardcore boys. some have been
calling for his head from day one. typical results though aint it?

Experience with Resonant Feedline Dipoles requested Terra Dactyl Antenna 1 January 21st 05 07:12 PM
Great Gay Store Online FreakSession CB 3 January 5th 05 07:46 AM
Two dipoles on one feed line? KAZeringue Antenna 0 August 5th 04 04:04 PM
Dipoles & Tuned Circuits Reg Edwards Antenna 0 October 16th 03 11:54 PM
Taking Back the Group - Store owner heard call for Lockheed Shooting on his Scanner Taking Back the Group Scanner 0 July 22nd 03 01:20 AM